Members Tab (Support Topic)

On 11/19/2021 at 10:27 AM, LiamH said:

Figured out the actual issue. Go through the process of setting the user groups with permissions, hit save, refresh the page and it'll unselect the groups clicked and select the first user group (in our case 'Banned') only.

True and apparently it was always like that. Only the ALL GROUPS were working fine. Just submitted a new version to fix it.

Hi Adriano

I have just purchased and seem to have found a few irregularities that you may wish to look at.

View Information option:
    The "With Us For" calculation is not correct, seems to always show "18951 Days" no matter the member.

Filter By on Members Tab:
    Lists groups when the group privacy setting "Allow filtering by this group?" is off.

Find/Select Member on Members Tab:
    The member name needs to be exact, it does not do a LIKE search as the standard member search does.
    For example, searching for "richard" should find all matching members.

On my wish List to make this even better:

• Could the "Find/Select Member" field work like the "To" when creating a new private message, where it searches for members as you type? 
  • The "User Group" in the "View Information" only displays the members Primary Group. Could you add the Secondary Groups too, maybe as another option for the Information Box?
  • Option to switch on/off the "Follow Member" and "Find Content" links 
On 11/20/2021 at 3:26 PM, Richard Arch said:

Filter By on Members Tab:
    Lists groups when the group privacy setting "Allow filtering by this group?" is off.

I see what you mean. It will remove from the filter but it won't make sense to allow select these groups in the Groups To Include setting, the one where you select which user groups will have their members displayed in the app so I will remove from both.

View Information option:
    The "With Us For" calculation is not correct, seems to always show "18951 Days" no matter the member.

Can't reproduce this, at least in the newest version:

The only reason for this happen is all your members have the same joined date. Was them imported?

Find/Select Member on Members Tab:
    The member name needs to be exact, it does not do a LIKE search as the standard member search does.
    For example, searching for "richard" should find all matching members.

Done.

Could the "Find/Select Member" field work like the "To" when creating a new private message, where it searches for members as you type? 

No, I changed it to work using LIKE, so if you type RICHARD, will return all users having RICHARD in any part of the member name. If I do this, will return only the one you select. That's how it is now:

r4pJtyn.png

Searched by "3242".

Edited by Adriano Faria

Thanks Adriano for your prompt reply and the updates.  Yes, in hindsight I agree with you about searching members using LIKE only.  It sounds like you may be releasing another version shortly?

I'm puzzled about the "With Us For" value, no they were not data loaded (good shout).  Here are two screenshots from recent members, as you can see the joined date is 10 days apart with the same incorrect number of days.  Is it a date/time formatting issue in the calculation for Joined Date?  In the UK we use dd/mm/yyyy instead of mm/dd/yyyy...

image.png.680c36aa3bffe8ffb142bd76d706ccee.png

image.png.c2f157043aebd2cc6b89030be0072ac3.png

To add to the confusion my account also says 18953 days (19th month, throwing an error).

image.png.730304a490f6473a42549d76251e1235.png

But these give a different incorrect value but the day if it was a month would be valid...

image.png.a6ac3436b36d0f817717d8b29a5e1d86.png

image.png.de32ade13949ffc4fb3557aeb17792c8.png

6 hours ago, Richard Arch said:

In the UK we use dd/mm/yyyy instead of mm/dd/yyyy...

The calculation is based in the joined date which is unix timestamp. The format really doesn’t matter here.

6 hours ago, Richard Arch said:

It sounds like you may be releasing another version shortly?

As soon as I got this sorted//decided if it’s a bug or not. It works fine on my live board. 

Send a PM with your ACP details. I want to take a look in the joined date of all these users. Also provide the member IDs of the ones with issues.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Adriano

Two questions .. or ideas ;o)

1. is it possible to change menu icon .. e,g, to a font awesome icon .. fa-address-card ?

2. is it possible to include non standard ips profile fields / data in Information Tab ? ... and sort / search by this data ?  

Best

Stuart

11 minutes ago, Stuart B said:

1. is it possible to change menu icon .. e,g, to a font awesome icon .. fa-address-card ?

Not sure which icon are you talking about.

12 minutes ago, Stuart B said:

2. is it possible to include non standard ips profile fields / data in Information Tab ? ... and sort / search by this data ?  

Non standard? Can you clarify?

Icon used in menu next to 'Members' .. currently paper with folder top corner  (pages icon) 

In Member Settings / Profile you can add new fields .. e.g. industry, hair colour etc .. could these be included in displayed in Information Tab and be sorted / searched against ? 

Just now, Stuart B said:

Icon used in menu next to 'Members' .. currently paper with folder top corner  (pages icon) 

I have no idea what you’re talking about. Post a screenshot. 

1 minute ago, Stuart B said:

In Member Settings / Profile you can add new fields .. e.g. industry, hair colour etc .. could these be included in displayed in Information Tab and be sorted / searched against ? 

Maybe in a future version.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Just now, Derrick Morgan said:

Hello 

I can't get this app to install. When I click install it states this is already installed but it is no where to be found on the admin dashboard or member site.

Go to Support and click in Clear system caches. If it insists, probably you have another resource with same app folder.