(DP44) Manage Follow

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi DawPi, just a suggestion for future updates.

Profile privacy options:

• profile is open for all
  • profile is open for registered users only
  • profile is open for (approved) followers only
  • profile closed for all (Except for Admin/Mods) :smile:

At present it really is "closed for all", so I often find that I have to login as that member when I need to access their profile for whatever reason. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/25/2019 at 11:55 PM, Morrigan said:

@DawPi for the "Only users that follow me" option could that please include administrators/moderators like the last option. As an administrator I don't want to have to follow or log in as a user to see their profile/status updates etc and nor should I have to.

Otherwise, I love this plugin and so do my users!!

What's New in Version 4.0.1.2  

Changed option "profile is open for (approved) followers only" to "profile is open for (approved) followers only (except admins)"

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey @DawPi The mod works swell with 4.5 however there is an issue that it causes registration blocking:

REPLACE INTO `ibf_core_pfields_content` ( `member_id` ) VALUES ( NULL )
IPS\Db\Exception: Column 'member_id' cannot be null (1048)
#0 PATHTOPUBLICHTML/system/Db/Db.php(979): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*theinit_comga...', Array)
#1 PATHTOPUBLICHTML/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(628): IPS\_Db->replace('core_pfields_co...', Array)
#2 PATHTOPUBLICHTML/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(240): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register::_createMember(Array, Array, NULL, Object(IPS\Helpers\Form))
#3 PATHTOPUBLICHTML/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(103): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->_registrationForm(NULL)
#4 PATHTOPUBLICHTML/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(27): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->manage()
#5 PATHTOPUBLICHTML/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\core\modules\front\system\nexus_hook_register->manage()
#6 PATHTOPUBLICHTML/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 PATHTOPUBLICHTML/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

The main function on the site I have seen works fine, just registration issues. The troubleshooting I did was disable this mod only and my registrations work again.

• 2 years later...

Just noticed an issue on a client's site when editing the default notifications options in ACP:

LINK: https://www.domain.com/admin/?app=core&module=membersettings&controller=notifications&do=edit&id=dp42managefollow_dp4managefollowNotification
===
A configuration or server error has occurred
EX0 Something went wrong. Please try again.
===
TypeError: in_array(): Argument #2 ($haystack) must be of type array, null given (0)
#0 /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/membersettings/notifications.php(185): in_array()
#1 /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(107): IPS\core\modules\admin\membersettings\_notifications->edit()
#2 /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/membersettings/notifications.php(38): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\admin\membersettings\_notifications->execute()
#4 /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

Version 4.1.2.1 of the application; Suite 4.7.5; PHP 8.0.26.

Edited by teraßyte
  • 7 months later...

We noticed a new bug with the application. It's possible to follow any member by going to the profile/followers/ page without having to wait for the member to approve the request.

The issue is that the URL is not rewritten for the follow button on the /followers/ page of a profile, unlike the button on the profile page itself. Example:

I believe there are also follow buttons for members in a couple (?) of other areas. The best solution I can think of is to overload the default function itself and make it insert an approval request, rather than rewriting the URLs. Not sure how feasible it is, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for being a client!  The Invision Community Marketplace is closing October 30 2023, so I am moving all of my files over to my personal site https://forum.invisionize.pl

Bookmark https://forum.invisionize.pl and the new Marketplace Directory www.Invisioneer.org.