Password manager

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/9/2019 at 3:29 AM, Fred Krugger said:

now I have another question .. it will be possible that there are criteria for selecting accounts, for example, registration dates, last connection date, post number, etc,431800601_ScreenShot2018-12-12at15_59_27.thumb.png.302d8ab0c910fa33f517f7e8c385f7d9.png627666431_ScreenShot2018-12-12at15_59_37.thumb.png.9be7b30a6f3a27ebfe244c8599538aa1.png

Hey sorry for a late answer, apparantly I wasn't following this topic so I didn't get a notification 😞

I'll look into including this with the next update!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks for the fast response. I've bought the plugin and it's working perfectly, exactly as described.

Is there any change of a feature request?

Would it be difficult to add an option to force password change when adding a new user?

When in Admin CP -> Members -> Create New Member

Like below:

30447135_ScreenShot2020-03-25at11_16_47am.thumb.png.163a0fabddb4b0fee1622afb0f4ec9fc.png

Edited by markwylde
On 3/25/2020 at 2:18 AM, markwylde said:

Thanks for the fast response. I've bought the plugin and it's working perfectly, exactly as described.

Is there any change of a feature request?

Would it be difficult to add an option to force password change when adding a new user?

When in Admin CP -> Members -> Create New Member

Like below:

30447135_ScreenShot2020-03-25at11_16_47am.thumb.png.163a0fabddb4b0fee1622afb0f4ec9fc.png

Will look into adding it into a future update, but can't promise a date 😛 

• 8 months later...
On 12/11/2020 at 6:10 AM, Bluto said:

What there going to be a 4.5 version released?

Hey Bluto, I was in the middle of upgrading my app to 4.5 but then I noticed that IPS implemented something similar in 4.5. If you go to a member profile in 4.5 ACP and click on "Edit Password" you will see an option to reset the member their pass. You can also do it for groups by going in ACP to Members -> Force Password Reset button.

IPB their way works differently than this app, but i'm not sure if it's still useful for you guys to update this app? What do you guys think?

5 minutes ago, kRSB said:

Hey Bluto, I was in the middle of upgrading my app to 4.5 but then I noticed that IPS implemented something similar in 4.5. If you go to a member profile in 4.5 ACP and click on "Edit Password" you will see an option to reset the member their pass. You can also do it for groups by going in ACP to Members -> Force Password Reset button.

IPB their way works differently than this app, but i'm not sure if it's still useful for you guys to update this app? What do you guys think?

Honestly, I just purchased this app to do a reset a while back and during the process of getting ready to upgrade to 4.5 I noticed the app wasn't updated. 

Upgrading it is totally up to you.  If the feature is in IPS and your plugin doesn't do anything beyond that, then retire the app.  If you can make money with a feature beyond what IPS provides, then sweet go for it.  Bottom line I just needed something to force a password change.  Since you have the app already done, add a few features and make some easy money.

Maybe add a frequency.  Meaning I can automatically require Newbies to reset every month and Senior members to reset every year?

What would be neat:

1.  I initiate that X group needs to reset their password. 

2.  They need to reset the password in X months, year, or set amount of time.

3.  If they don't reset their password, then they are marked as a dead account and moved to a special group.

4.  If they haven't changed password in number 3 above and have ZERO content = delete member.

Just an idea.  Nothing that I can't live without if you just want to retire the app.