Personal Messages: ACP Settings Missing?

Rheddy

Honestly, I had never thought of this before until one of my registered members flagged this for my attention. But, he noticed that he wasn't able to edit personal messages he has sent. This flagged my interest so I logged into my ACP and discovered, to my horror, that there are virtually no settings for the personal messaging system. I seem to recall that while there weren't detailed settings in previous versions there was at least some semblance of control over managing the system.

Let me guess? This was one of those things that IPS decided to remove because they received feedback that was solicited from secret beta testers who wanted the features removed?

There should be settings for usergroups such as:

• enable/disable personal messaging
  • enable/disable personal messaging editing
  • set monthly limits per usergroup for number of messages sent

My apologies for sounding smart about it but this is just one of the things that I noticed was missing from 4,2.4, the latest update.

9 hours ago, Rheddy said:

Let me guess? This was one of those things that IPS decided to remove because they received feedback that was solicited from secret beta testers who wanted the features removed?

There should be settings for usergroups such as:

• enable/disable personal messaging
  • enable/disable personal messaging editing
  • set monthly limits per usergroup for number of messages sent

My apologies for sounding smart about it but this is just one of the things that I noticed was missing from 4,2.4, the latest update.

Beta testing is actually publicly done ;)

• You can already do this, disable the module for the groups you don't want access to (Applications > System > Messaging)
  • I assume this is based on the same setting for post editing > Can Edit Own Content
  • You can limit it on a per day or per minute basis, this is under the group settings.

A little more settings wouldn't hurt though.

Archived