Hosting & MySQL

saggsab

I am considering moving from my current webhost & am looking for recommendations & could someone please point me to the server / hosting requirements - specifically having to do with the MySQL version? I have been going around in circles in InvisionPower's site & can't find it anywhere.  Thanks!

Obiviously, newer versions of PHP/MySQL are better than the older versions, but the minimum requirements are:

What are the requirements for the self-hosted software?

Self-hosting our software requires a server with these minimum capabilities:

• PHP 5.6+ (PHP 7 recommended)
    • All default extensions
    • GD2 extension
    • mbstring extension
  • MySQL 5.1+ (MySQL 5.6+ recommended)

https://invisioncommunity.com/buy/self-hosted

On 23-9-2017 at 1:56 PM, Steph40 said:

Where did my post go?

Seriously, I just made a suggestion to op and you delete it!! 

Whether he takes my suggestion or not is up to HIM not Invision. 

Why?

Was your suggestion to recommend another hosting company by any chance? It is my understanding that Ips does not allow that because they are also in the hosting business.

4 hours ago, Steph40 said:

Yep it was. As far as I know they also sell self hosting license and they NEED to not forget that part of their business.

I sure your post could have been useful but maybe did get deleted due to posting a rival website but I do agree that people should have a choice on what the best option is for there site.

2 hours ago, Pete T said:

I sure your post could have been useful but maybe did get deleted due to posting a rival website but I do agree that people should have a choice on what the best option is for there site.

I just like being informed of all options before making a decision and HATE people trying to prevent information from flowing, no matter what the reason is. If you need to hide to prove a point then you have proven that you are not worth it to me.

@Pete T

Thanks for helping Sherri BTW.

8 hours ago, Steph40 said:

I just like being informed of all options before making a decision and HATE people trying to prevent information from flowing, no matter what the reason is. If you need to hide to prove a point then you have proven that you are not worth it to me.

@Pete T

It’s not a problem :) 

20 hours ago, Steph40 said:

@Pete T

Per existing policy, IPS always recommends clients to check out websites like webhostingtalk.com for reviews and recommendations but doesn't allow discussion of other hosting companies since they offer their own cloud hosting.  

34 minutes ago, Joel R said:

Per existing policy, IPS always recommends clients to check out websites like webhostingtalk.com for reviews and recommendations but doesn't allow discussion of other hosting companies since they offer their own cloud hosting.  

I don't remember that ? but still would be nice people that have hosted with company x or y say they support IPS 4 as every hosting company is different lots of hosting company's have maybe poor support when comes to third party script like IPS "yes i have come across this before" but do understand that IPS have own hosting business but its only deals with IPS Suite a client may wish have domain x as IPS and domain P as word press blog just examples that can't be done here.

But that going off topic but will remember the above site in question when someone asks same question :) 

Archived