Gallery Improvements

Michael R

Sorry to sound like a broken record on this, but even with the all the new features and enhancements to 4.2, I still feel that Gallery still needs some improvement.

Album and Category Cover Images

I am struggling with this now. Currently there is no way to assign an image to a category if said category contains only other categories. Somehow I have images assigned to the top level category that I can't seem to find a way to change. I think the current way of assigning an image to a category or album should be as simple as uploading an image from your desktop or URL.

Perhaps the solution is to have NO images in categories and only albums can contain images. I would be okay with that. But please give us a way to move images in a category to an album.

Member Profile and Cover images

Any chance we will see a default album for cover and profile photos? Please??? I, like many of my members like to regularly change out my profile and cover image. It is SO frustrating that I can ONLY upload these. Why can't they automatically be saved to an album so I don;t have to hunt for them every time?

I would like to see profile pictures, cover photos, and attachments work like Facebook. Push these items to some sort of album. I realize not everyone purchases Gallery, but can't there be some sort of "mini album" feature for members without Gallery? In marketing we call this an up-sell opportunity. ;)

If the customer does have Gallery, you could have a "profiles" and "forum posts" album as default starter albums. Give the user the ability to move pictures to other (or newly created) albums.

Uploading Images

Maybe my members are particularly dim, but I continually see members adding their photos to album and image descriptions. Uggh.

Members still don't get the difference between uploading images as attachments and uploading images to an album. I don't know what the answer is.

1 hour ago, Michael R said:

Uploading Images

Maybe my members are particularly dim, but I continually see members adding their photos to album and image descriptions. Uggh.

Members still don't get the difference between uploading images as attachments and uploading images to an album. I don't know what the answer is.

Frequently raised concern, it is definitely not your dim members :) You need this: 

It is beyond me why third party mod is needed to fix such an obvious shortcoming. 

Archived