How to reduce the page load time?

From time and time again, we have this ongoing fight to bring the homepage load time lower. With almost all the recent changes we did, we are exceeding quiet as much on pingdom load time and google page speed load time.

Appreciate any help in lowering the current index page load time, please. Thanks in advance.

I don't know if that's possible. Sounds to me like it's a bandwidth issue. But, I confess that I don't know the details about broadband and page loading. There are a number of factors. Such as content that's loaded into the page like images and embedded videos, the resources of your server where your site is hosted, whether the memory and CPU need to be upgraded. I would check with your webhost first and find out how much memory and what the CPU is, whether it's double or quad core.

Before my webhost upgraded the servers with more memory and better CPU's, my server loads went from 10 down to under 1. Now, I don't have server loads anymore but because of my webhost's previous inability to admit the problem was on their end, my site would always get server load spikes between 10 and 100, which resulted in my site being shut down for what was obvious a problem with my webhost's reluctance to upgrade. Since they upgraded the servers, I haven't had a problem with server loads.

I would also check your internet connection and the system you access your website from, they could be affecting your results (but this particular point, I'm not sure if that would affect your site). But, I would start by checking the servers of your webhost.

Thanks everyone for real quick replies and tons of help to explore.

@Rheddy please find the details of my current 100% dedicated server for carnity below

• 2 x Intel Xeon (Quad-core) processor
  • 32 GB Ram - DDR3
  • HardRaid 2 x 2 TB SATA

@adlago thanks for the suggestion, do you mean for globalTemplate has Analytics, foxpush and Alexa JS that I need to move above the </body>....? Just confirming before the move.

Btw, here is the pingdom test: https://tools.pingdom.com/#!/bVL8NC/https://carnity.com

Does the video thumbnails make the homepage load slow...?

Thanks Adlago, I moved those 3 JS below and felt some difference.

Any idea where is these two scripts and what they are doing?

There are 2 JavaScript files served from pixel.adsafeprotected.com. They should be combined into as few files as possible.

I have done so many things and page speed improved and now reached to 65 from 50 (before) and still says needs work.

Any idea, on how to tackle these below major issues?

• Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content

Your page has 11 blocking script resources and 11 blocking CSS resources. This causes a delay in rendering your page.

Enable compression for non carnity network

Compressing resources with gzip or deflate can reduce the number of bytes sent over the network.

Reduce server response time

In our test, your server responded in 0.62 seconds. There are many factors that can slow down your server response time.

Leverage browser caching for non carnity network

Setting an expiry date or a maximum age in the HTTP headers for static resources instructs the browser to load previously downloaded resources from local disk rather than over the network.

Minify JavaScript

Compacting JavaScript code can save many bytes of data and speed up downloading, parsing, and execution time.
    Minify JavaScript for the following resources to reduce their size by 1.1KiB (58% reduction).

53 minutes ago, Gauravk said:

Enable compression for non carnity network

See instruction

https://easyengine.io/tutorials/nginx/enable-gzip/

54 minutes ago, Gauravk said:

Leverage browser caching for non carnity network

Here are external resources - you cannot do anything.

58 minutes ago, Gauravk said:

Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content

Yes, I know how. But it's a few days of analysis work, creating critical css for various browser resolutions, uniting in a common critical css, installing on a live site. Etc.
This is not possible with free tips.;)

9 hours ago, Gauravk said:

For compression, it's for non carnity network, can we still do something about it....? and I am on apache, not nginx.

For JS and CSS, combining please send me quote in pm if you can help in this regard.

Send me PM please your htaccess file for analysis.

Check your html codes - you have too many html5 validation errors

See this

https://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=https%3A%2F%2Fcarnity.com%2F

Archived