Media Uploader (Support Topic)

1 minute ago, W4L said:

Can’t atm but once the owners are around ill get you permission.

if I can get you logs or whatever I’ll be happy to help any way I can .

Try to uninstall it then install it again, I just tested everything on my live site and 2 localhosts and it's all good, no errors no where, Also if it still happens then run the support tool in the ACP and let it clear your cache

Yah did that I think it’s an issue on our end with our database we use an old version of php and MySQL 

system tells us we should upgrade but says stuff will work fine .

been needing to upgrade it and now seems as a good a time as any I guess . 

If the problem is still there after I’ll let ya know .

thanks for the fast support .

Just now, W4L said:

Yah did that I think it’s an issue on our end with our database we use an old version of php and MySQL 

system tells us we should upgrade but says stuff will work fine .

been needing to upgrade it and now seems as a good a time as any I guess . 

If the problem is still there after I’ll let ya know .

thanks for the fast support .

No problems, let me know

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, correct me if I wrong: I can use it like a Storage Center for my site Staff to share files uploaded. Staff members upload files, lets say pictures, then each staff members can embed pictures in topics. That is what I want, avoid uploading duplicate pictures, or files. Only one time or one file, then all selected members can use it.

On 25/01/2018 at 2:00 AM, kmk said:

Hello, correct me if I wrong: I can use it like a Storage Center for my site Staff to share files uploaded. Staff members upload files, lets say pictures, then each staff members can embed pictures in topics. That is what I want, avoid uploading duplicate pictures, or files. Only one time or one file, then all selected members can use it.

No, you can only embed your own uploaded media, no one elses

4 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

No, you can only embed your own uploaded media, no one elses

Upload Media meet mayority what I need, can I request you adding mention ability, Admin can set if user have permission to use Upload Media, then can set folder with embed permission ability.

Suggestion for Upload Media, adding these purposals use:

- A files center which help reducing files duplicating scene, obviously is for shared files purposal, so if there have any picture or doc that I want to post, I dont upload same files again to my server or disk that relate storage space use.

- Reducing uploading files actions and time.

- Reducing use of server space saving the same files.

- Ability check for duplicated files and maintaining storage in best use status.

Edited by kmk
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2017 at 7:06 PM, TheJackal84 said:

Already in my mind, but I want to try and make it so they can be read and downloaded, Like how we view the files now maybe be able to view .xml .pdf .txt  files and so on but that's still untested and untried at the minute

I was going to ask about whether or not there are screenshots to illustrate how PDFs are embedded in posts?  I logged into ipsdev and uploaded a sample PDF file but was unable to embed it.

2 hours ago, liquidfractal said:

I was going to ask about whether or not there are screenshots to illustrate how PDFs are embedded in posts?  I logged into ipsdev and uploaded a sample PDF file but was unable to embed it.

It is because you have put the file to private, All private files are hidden from being embedded, If you make it visable to all then you should see it in the embed bit

• 2 weeks later...

Mobile portrait view is what most people see, so that's a showstopper for sure. 

As for disabling docs, If I untick everything and choose no groups in the dox tab it saves as default (all groups and all docs are ticked).  We'd want to disable it (hide the button and make it all unavailable to end users).

Edited by Jaymez
1 minute ago, Jaymez said:

As for disabling docs, If I untick everything and choose no groups in the dox tab it saves as default (all groups and all docs are ticked).  We'd want to disable it (hide the button and make it all unavailable to end users).

I think that is a bug with IPS when the default is all, For now just have it admin only that should then hide it from the rest and I will sort it out in the update and maybe remove the default value

5 hours ago, kmk said:

1. Tried uploading video, picture and documents, only pdf dont work, appear Google 400 Thats an error.

2. After upload a file, instead show that file showing previous file.

I can't duplicate any of that mate, I am actually rewriting 70% of the coding in this application, It could be that I have fixed a bug somewhere and that's why I can't reproduce it, I will release the update as soon as it's complete hopefully it will fix any errors you get, If not then I would ask if you could provide me login details so I could check it out :)

Edited by TheJackal84