Media Uploader (Support Topic)

the way the media plays is incredible

a bit off topic but I wish I had a player like this for downloads app from IPB. I use downloads to sell videos but users can't play on their iphone. This might fix that.

anyway back to this plugin, I have a question.

Is there a way to make it so private videos can be setup so that video clip owner can issue permission to view user by user on a case by case basis? Say I upload a clip and I want to give specific viewing permissions to a private clip to only a select few users. Can I do this?

Just now, superj707 said:

a bit off topic but I wish I had a player like this for downloads app from IPB. I use downloads to sell videos but users can't play on their iphone. This might fix that.

Is there a way to make it so private videos can be setup so that video clip owner can issue permission to view user by user on a case by case basis? Say I upload a clip and I want to give specific viewing permissions to a private clip to only a select few users. Can I do this?

I will be getting the downloads and other apps soon so I will be able to do all that for it then probably.

At the minute they can only view the private ones them selfs but I don't think it will be too hard to add that feature, and in the my media bit put a edit section to add the members, I will look into it and get back to you in a day or 2

5 hours ago, kmk said:

Media Uploader vs Media of codinjungle, do same things?

not really, I just watched the video and read what that one does and it's more for the forums and topics etc, Mine is for the members, there is no category permissions etc its either share or keep private, Like above I am going ro try and add a feature where you can allow selected members to view your private files and a couple other things

Just now, Janyour said:

Awesome i like it,

I suggest to add "document" media type for websites sharing pdfs.

Already in my mind, but I want to try and make it so they can be read and downloaded, Like how we view the files now maybe be able to view .xml .pdf .txt  files and so on but that's still untested and untried at the minute

On 17/09/2017 at 10:34 PM, superj707 said:

Updated to 1.0.1

NEW FEAUTRES

• Members can now set their private uploads to be viewed by their selected members

Regardless of the admin settings of viewing and downloading, if the uploader has given other members permissions to view they will be able to view and download the files (This was done on purpose)

On 18/09/2017 at 10:01 AM, Janyour said:

Awesome i like it,

I suggest to add "document" media type for websites sharing pdfs.

The PDF will come soon, I actually done everything for it and it worked perfect on localhost then once installed on my site it didn't show as the server permissions denied access to the file, (localhost was fine) I will need to look into it a bit more and see what's what

Edited by TheJackal84

Hi,

I was wondering if this app has the ability to "pop-out" the playback, so for example, you could select to play an uploaded mp3 then click the "pop-out" button and it would open in a new window and continue playing in that window while you were browsing the site in the original window.  (Does this make sense?)

I also wondered whether you may consider integrating some form of reporting into it, such as an approx geolocation and/or date/time it was downloaded / played, and make this information visible to the uploader..  If thats at all possible?

Thanks

Adam

Edited by Adam_S
16 minutes ago, Adam_S said:

Hi,

I was wondering if this app has the ability to "pop-out" the playback, so for example, you could select to play an uploaded mp3 then click the "pop-out" button and it would open in a new window and continue playing in that window while you were browsing the site in the original window.  (Does this make sense?)

I also wondered whether you may consider integrating some form of reporting into it, such as an approx geolocation and/or date/time it was downloaded / played, and make this information visible to the uploader..  If thats at all possible?

Thanks

Adam

At the minute it dont have pop out functions, I could look into it and see what I come up with, and yeah I am sure I can set a new table what collects infomation about the downloads played list etc.

Too be honest this I made this for someone as a Image uploader what gave out links for them to share on the internet (a bit like the old one for 3.4) then I decided images was just boring to release here so added videos and audio then took away the share / embed links and made it more for the site its on then others, I will give what you say a go within the next couple of days and see what I come up with, I was thinking aswell maybe a little section to add a description to them too

19 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

At the minute it dont have pop out functions, I could look into it and see what I come up with, and yeah I am sure I can set a new table what collects infomation about the downloads played list etc.

Too be honest this I made this for someone as a Image uploader what gave out links for them to share on the internet (a bit like the old one for 3.4) then I decided images was just boring to release here so added videos and audio then took away the share / embed links and made it more for the site its on then others, I will give what you say a go within the next couple of days and see what I come up with, I was thinking aswell maybe a little section to add a description to them too

Thats awesome, thanks so much for looking into that!  

A description would also be great!

On 25/09/2017 at 6:59 AM, Adam_S said:

Thats awesome, thanks so much for looking into that!  

A description would also be great!

I have done a who downloaded this bit (might do a who viewed too)

UNqamNq.png

The pop out I still haven't tried yet, there is still a few more things I want to do to this as well now I got the download logs in there

Updated to 1.0.2

New Features

• New database table to log downloads and views of the media files
  • Added the ability to log the downloads or views of the media files to the database
  • Added a section in the admin menu to view download logs with a geo location of where they downloaded it from
  • Added a setting to the user groups allowing you to set how many downloads each group can have a day, with a unlimited option (This is in the user group settings it self)
  • Added a new button to the MyMedia page allowing members to see who viewed / downloaded thier media ( Only there If the download / viewed logs are being generated in the new setting above )

If you don't log the downloads or views it will still count the amount it has had, it will just not log who what and where etc it was downloaded / viewed from / by

Updated to 1.0.3

New Features

• Added a custom sort setting for the media filtering the viewing from
    • Members
    • Filename
    • Views
    • Downloads
    • Filesize
    • Time & date range
  • Added a view downloads / viewers button the the users profile table
  • Took the words of the buttons on the users profile table to make it nicer and cleaner
Edited by TheJackal84
  • 2 weeks later...

Updated to 1.0.4

New Features

• Now sends a notification to the users who have been given permission to access private uploads with a link to the file
  • You can now upload and view document files including
    • PDF
    • HTML
    • XML
    • TXT
  • The document viewer does not run the codes / scripts on the .xml and .html files it will show like your reading it on notepad etc
  • Added the ability to give permissions of private uploads to members on the main upload form

DEMOS HERE

Updated to 1.0.5

New Features

• You can now embed your uploaded media into topics as posts with the ability to just embed the media file or embed it with content ( Text )
  • Choose what user groups can embed their media into topics
  • You can now crop your uploaded image with a choice to keep or delete the original image
  • Choose what user groups can crop their images
  • You will be able to just show the font-awesome icons on the buttons of the tables to keep it looking nice and clean ( You can still show the words if you wanted )

Demo

Topic embed demo

Sign up to the site the demo is on if you want to test the app, all members have full permissions to do everything it allows

Updated to 1.0.6

New Features

• Added locations to all the pages saying what the user is currently doing / viewing if using the application
  • Added Some Widgets
    • Added a most uploads widget showing a block with a list of members with the most uploaded media
    • Added a last uploaded widget showing a block with a list of the last uploaded media files
    • Added a most downloads widget showing a block with a list of the most downloaded media files
    • Added a most viewed widget showing a block with a list of the most viewed media files
  • If a user embeds a media file into a topic, it will delete the post/s the media file has been embedded into when / if the file gets deleted so it don't show a dead link where the file used to be
  • Added a flood control limit to the embedding function to be set on a user group basis, for example a user needs to wait xx seconds to embed again
  • 3 weeks later...

Upload works fine but the embed into topic button just says something went wrong when you click it . 

I don’t run your typical server i use php fpm and nginx and not sure what is causing this .

tried on my test board and have the same results .

43 minutes ago, W4L said:

Upload works fine but the embed into topic button just says something went wrong when you click it . 

I don’t run your typical server i use php fpm and nginx and not sure what is causing this .

tried on my test board and have the same results .

Download new version I fixed that last night and re-uploaded a new version ( Read the post above yours ).

Sorry for that :)

Edited by TheJackal84
12 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

Download new version I fixed that last night and re-uploaded a new version ( Read the post above yours ).

Sorry for that :)

But now it’s throwing a new error , it actually shows the files when I click the embed uploaded media button but when I click embed I to post it throws this .

UnderflowException:  (0)
#0 /home/admin/web/srv1.xxxxxx.com/public_html/applications/mediauploader/modules/front/media/mymedia.php(425): IPS\Db\_Select->first()
#1 /home/admin/web/srv1.xxxxxx.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\mediauploader\modules\front\media\_mymedia->createpost()
#2 /home/admin/web/srv1.xxxxxxx.com/public_html/applications/mediauploader/modules/front/media/mymedia.php(26): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /home/admin/web/srv1.xxxxxxxx.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\mediauploader\modules\front\media\_mymedia->execute()
#4 /home/admin/web/srv1.xxxxxxxxxx.com/public_html/index.php(12): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}