Pages SuperList (Support Topic)

Support Topic for …

Code examples for the custom display field settings:

Turning an URL field into a buttom:

{{if $formValue}}
<a href="{$formValue}" class="ipsButton ipsButton_important ipsButton_fullWidth">Buy now</a>
{{endif}}

Create a super large text, e.g. for highlighted pricing information:

<p class="ipsType_veryLarge">{$value}</p>

Highlight a checkbox field status in different colors (here green for yes, and red for no):

{$label}: {{if $formValue=='1'}}<span class="ipsBadge ipsBadge_positive">Yes</span>
{{else}}<span class="ipsBadge ipsBadge_negative">No</span>{{endif}}

Do the same with checkmark symbols instead of text:

{$label}: {{if $formValue=='1'}}<span class="ipsBadge ipsBadge_positive ipsBadge_icon"> <i class='fa fa-check'></i></span>
{{else}}<span class="ipsBadge ipsBadge_negative ipsBadge_icon"> <i class='fa fa-times'></i></span>{{endif}}

Edited by opentype
  • 2 months later...

Hi, I've tried setting up the plugin/template but how do I add a block to a page which is only visible if you are logged out? E.g. templates > nexus > store > register  page

Also for some reason the test records aren't showing and the template is showing my posts from my homepage?

Any ideas?

Thanks

image.thumb.png.fa9b62182a65bd7f9f1f7f31675c2839.png

2 hours ago, asigno said:

Hi, I've tried setting up the plugin/template but how do I add a block to a page which is only visible if you are logged out? E.g. templates > nexus > store > register  page

The permissions are controlled through:

• the Pages block permissions
  • the Pages database permissions
  • the Pages database field permissions

If you set those correctly, you have full control over who sees your SuperList block. 

2 hours ago, asigno said:

Also for some reason the test records aren't showing and the template is showing my posts from my homepage?

Sounds like you picked the wrong database when creating the block. This can’t be changed once set. You might need to create new block first. 

@opentype In your examples it shows the record linking directly to a product.

I'm trying to use your template to recreate the templates > nexus > store > register  page. 

I'm trying to create an entirely new page and link directly to a cart page containing the relevant membership subscription.

I'm able to link directly to the product page e.g. https://yamahaclub.com/forums/store/product/4-standard/ but this still requires a user to click on "add to cart' before going to the checkout page.

How can I link directly to the checkout page but with a pre-selected product?

Essentially I'm trying to recreate what Invision do on the sign up page and your example.

Thanks
Alex

7 hours ago, asigno said:

How can I link directly to the checkout page but with a pre-selected product?

I don’t think you can, since the Add to Cart button is not a link, it’s a form (with “post” values). What IPS has done seems to be a custom app – it’s not a Commerce link. 

• 2 weeks later...

@opentype How do I add template code to a superlist record?

Headstand, kindly gave me the code I need to add to link directly to the checkout page as your example.

{{$url = $package->url()->csrf()->setQueryString( array( "package_{$package->id}_submitted" => 1, "quantity" => 1 ) );}}
<a href='{$url}'>Buy Now</a>

Thanks

Hmm, this is going to take me a bit of effort to achieve, as I'm just starting to grasp Pages, which for some reason I've always had trouble doing so.

Okay, I've followed the instructions and my first doubts when creating the database are:

Create records as list or as articles?

Do I use the Supergrid template (which I happen to have too and sits there as the default option for me) or a different one?

Edited by PPlanet
9 minutes ago, PPlanet said:

Create records as list or as articles?

Do I use the Supergrid template (which I happen to have too and sits there as the default option for me) or a different one?

Doesn’t matter actually. SuperList is a block template. For a typical use of SuperList you wouldn’t even expose the database page to your users and just use a block. So the database templates (front page/category/listing/record) aren’t relevant. If you do use them, you can show them however you like. It’s unrelated to SuperList. 

Something a bit odd happened when placing the Superlist block on a page (the home page) that was using the Supergrid database. Once I placed and saved the block on the page, the records on the page that belonged to the Supergrid database disappeared. The Supergrid database still exists with the entries and the page that belonged to it still exists too, but does not contain the database any longer.

Is there any way to relink page and database?

In any case, it's not a big problem if not possible, as this is on a test site with just a few entries, I can do everything again, and next time not place the Superlist block on that page but on a new one (which is actually my idea for the finished product). But just letting you know, firstly to ask if I can relink them, and secondly to check if you experienced any conflict between these two templates. Cheers.