Remove index page "Start New Topic"

Genestoy

I am using the code below to remove the "Start New Topic" on the main index page and just discovered that it does not remove it on the mobile version? Anyone know what I need to add to it to accomplish the mobile removal?

Thanks

.ipsPageHeader.cForumHeader h1,
.ipsPageHeader.cForumHeader .ipsToolList > li:first-child {display: none;
}

Hello,

6 minutes ago, DesignzShop said:

@media screen and (max-width: 768px) {
.ipsPageHeader.cForumHeader .ipsToolList > li:first-child {display: none;
  }
}

That won't work either because the 'Start new topic' is outside of the page header in mobile devices.

Replace that code with this new one:

.ipsPageHeader.cForumHeader .ipsToolList > li:first-child,
.ipsPageHeader.cForumHeader ~ .ipsToolList.ipsToolList_horizontal:first-of-type {
  display: none !important;
}

This has been tested and if it conflicts with something, please let me know.

14 minutes ago, Genestoy said:

Thanks guys but I forgot to mention this is for 4.1.9 and does not work for that version?

You're welcome, and okay.

Try this one instead:

body[data-pageapp="forums"][data-pagemodule="forums"][data-pagecontroller="index"] .ipsPageHeader h1,
body[data-pageapp="forums"][data-pagemodule="forums"][data-pagecontroller="index"] .ipsPageHeader .ipsToolList li,
body[data-pageapp="forums"][data-pagemodule="forums"][data-pagecontroller="index"] .ipsPageHeader ~ .ipsToolList.ipsToolList_horizontal:first-of-type {
  display: none !important;
}

If it doesn't work, then the selectors for targeting is wrong because I don't remember how the 4.1 template look like. As that being said, drop your website URL if it doesn't work so I can take a look further.

Archived