Total Time Spent Online

Just now, Cristoverable said:

Total time online in blocks once worked and once not.

Not sure what you mean.

Just now, Cristoverable said:

Others have 40 minutes. And in the tebalce are users with time max 30 min.

Did you use this plugin in earlier versions? If so, it uses the data from old versions, so probably the data was there already. If you want to make sure, uninstall the new version, which will remove all data from it, and then install it again.

I have this plugin since IPB 3.1. If you uninstall it and re install it, it will start counting from the day you install it, of course. 

The plugin is in use since saturday on my board, with 50 members online aavg all the time. Others also said didn't see anything strange. I really doubt it is counting wrongly due to a couple of changes in the script. You probably had this column already. Make sure!

Edited by Adriano Faria

I've come across a strange bug that IPS thinks is on the developers of these modifications (Hence why this a copy/paste) post across all the affected plugins that I noticed this on. At certain sizes of the screen (When you have a few of these plugins active on) it kind of bugs the profile up. 

At this screen size, it's fine:

Fine.thumb.png.70563ecbae760301475165a6e8e7fef0.png

However when I get it between the state of desktop/tablet mode and mobile mode it's not fine:

59b6bc930e121_NotFine.thumb.png.24c684042ebdf73bf86c0a972cba6fc6.png

I have spoken to IPS about this because I believed it was a problem only showing up because it's not something the software is expecting (An out of the box set up), and after some back and forth the reply I got was this:

...When the 3rd party author is creating items which adds information to the tabs, or the info bar at the top of the profile page, and change the size of the window to be smaller, it is not responsively changing the layout of the page in a manner which shows the page correctly...

The above if correct however is a job for the 3rd party developer to account for when they are adding items to the page. We do not have a function when a user is developing that states "Add a new tab to the profile area", just for example. This is something in which is specifically program in. If there is not enough space for it, then they would need to account for that. If it breaks the layout when in a responsive mode, they would also need to account for that. If there is something they cannot code around, they would need to report that as something they wish to be changed to make development easier for them to work with. 

• 2 weeks later...

Some of my members have managed to find exploit with it already, only one of them have reported it to me. This is the report he sent to me and I've confirmed that it does indeed work. 

• Open up multiple tabs in the browser all pointing to any page; example on /forums/
  • Get a friend to record your current time online (Mine was: 2d 17h 17m 33s)
  • Wait 10 minutes.
  • After the 10 minutes is up go through each tab (CTRL + TAB) and click on any link (I clicked 'forums' to effectively refresh the page).
  • Afterwards my time online was: 2d 17h 50m 8s where it should have been 27m, not 50m.

Edited by Tripp_UK
13 minutes ago, Tripp_UK said:

Some of my members have managed to find exploit with it already, only one of them have reported it to me. This is the report he sent to me and I've confirmed that it does indeed work. 

Honestly, there are people that seems to not have anything else to do than waste their time with stuff like that. :D

Well, the plugin really has a 15 min. of inactivity. If there's an inactivity time bigger than this it isn't recorded. This plugin uses the newest session time for the user; everytime the user clicks around, this time is updated and if the time is lesser than 15, it is recorded, so it's not a bug or a exploit. Since I can't check via PHP if you have 1 or 100000000000000 open tabs, I don't see much I can do here, unless lower this period of 15 minutes.

Usually, people do this because of the sidebar widget. People have a NEED to appear in first place. Just remove the sidebar widtget and you will let your users really sad and the competition is over. :D

Edited by Adriano Faria

I totally agree with the light hearted humour there.

Would having a "Last updated" time stamp in there be useful at all? My thinking on this is that the last updated time stamp would be the last time the number of seconds was updated; if the number of seconds exceeds the time stamp (after putting in a margin of error of say 10 seconds or something) then it won't record. That way when a first ten minutes is added on with the time stamp, the next ten minutes can't be possible because the time stamp says it was last updated a second ago. Or is that not possible?

On 23/09/2017 at 3:58 PM, Tripp_UK said:

I totally agree with the light hearted humour there.

Would having a "Last updated" time stamp in there be useful at all? My thinking on this is that the last updated time stamp would be the last time the number of seconds was updated; if the number of seconds exceeds the time stamp (after putting in a margin of error of say 10 seconds or something) then it won't record. That way when a first ten minutes is added on with the time stamp, the next ten minutes can't be possible because the time stamp says it was last updated a second ago. Or is that not possible?

Are you available to test a new version with some adjustments? It changes the way it works in more or less the way you say above. It will change some definitions so you can't use the 1.0.0 version if it's not ok, so you will have to use it on a test install or something.

Let me know if it's ok then I'll PM you tomorrow with a new version.

17 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Are you available to test a new version with some adjustments? It changes the way it works in more or less the way you say above. It will change some definitions so you can't use the 1.0.0 version if it's not ok, so you will have to use it on a test install or something.

Let me know if it's ok then I'll PM you tomorrow with a new version.

Absolutely Adriano; I'll have the latest IPS release set up as a test install by tomorrow. I'm always happy to help in anyway I can, I'll even get the guy that loves testing these things for exploits to come and have a crack at it. Thanks man.

On 24/09/2017 at 5:02 PM, Tripp_UK said:

Absolutely Adriano; I'll have the latest IPS release set up as a test install by tomorrow. I'm always happy to help in anyway I can, I'll even get the guy that loves testing these things for exploits to come and have a crack at it. Thanks man.

Let me know when you're ready. New version is ready to be tested.

Got it and tested it for you dude. The plugin's basic function still works, and it counts time up as we'd want it to do, however opening multiple tabs and then clicking on something in each of them after 5/10 minutes no longer works, in some cases I saw that the time only went up by a single second, which is consistent with how long it took for me to change tabs. So it literally didn't count them at 5/10 minutes of activity, and actually counted the second it took to change the tab therefore not completely invalidating it. 

This was a very perfect implementation of the idea. I do not see any problems whatsoever with what you sent me, man. And to lack a better word, it seems that this can no longer be exploited in the same way anymore. Excellent work man, and I deeply appreciate you spending time to patch that problem. :)

Edited by Tripp_UK

I do not understand this, on my site is not working at all, I have to constantly click for any seconds to be charged ...
I go to the main page, click on the article, I read it in 2-3 minutes and I re-open the home page, counted me 4 seconds..
No sense it works, it does not charge even those 15 minutes session, just charge as I click something and move on the side ...

Ver.1.0.1 - ipb 4.2.4

1 hour ago, DejaVu24 said:

I do not understand this, on my site is not working at all, I have to constantly click for any seconds to be charged ...
I go to the main page, click on the article, I read it in 2-3 minutes and I re-open the home page, counted me 4 seconds..
No sense it works, it does not charge even those 15 minutes session, just charge as I click something and move on the side ...

Ver.1.0.1 - ipb 4.2.4

This is how it works now. If you read the posts above yours, you'll get the notion why it changed.

If you prefer to have a more "real" counter, uninstall 1.0.1 and download version 1.0.0 and use it but be advised that members can easily increase the time by open mutli tabs.

@Adriano Faria I read the description of the plugin

This plugin will show how many time each member spends logged into the site.

But how is it supposed to work like now, that is, I was on the forums, I wrote articles, edited them and generally moved around the forum about 4 hours and shows me that I was only 14 minutes :) it does not make sense.
The plug should be called "total time to click and load the page" - not "the time spent on the forum"

unfortunately wasted $10 :ph34r:

great idea, (they all love different statistics);) but just wrong it works