Jump to content

Community

David..

Bitcoin Support for Commerce

Recommended Posts

Bitcoin is gaining popularity very fast and it would be good if the IPS Commerce would support it. Either via Stripe or another integration?

1 Bitcoin is currently worth $4662 right now. This is the Bitcoin chart over the years.

image.thumb.png.889afac3f180d07b0e7c3425debd49c1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2017 at 1:52 PM, Iwooo said:

Coingate would be good :) 

Stripe has this... Ips just needs to update their wrapper for stripe.

I'm mobile ATM, but use the search feature, it's been suggested and a lot of others want stripe.

Edited by MADMAN32395

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm confused and probably completely miss the point :D. But how does someone pay with something worth $4,666. (it's much higher now too I believe)

To me bitcoin is less a currency and more a commodity. People buy it for its potential value rather than a means to purchase things with.

If someone could explain to me how it works I would be thankful.

Edited by Tom S.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tom S. said:

I'm confused and probably completely miss the point :D. But how does someone pay with something worth $4,666. (it's much higher now too I believe)

To me bitcoin is less a currency and more a commodity. People buy it for its potential value rather than a means to purchase things with.

If someone could explain to me how it works I would be thankful.

It would be a decimal value, example, 140.00 would equal 0.00859188 BTC with a value of $15,669.45 per BTC

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rhett said:

It would be a decimal value, example, 140.00 would equal 0.00859188 BTC with a value of $15,669.45 per BTC

 

Oh I see, you can own part of a bitcoin. Got it. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think adding support for Coinbase would be awesome. I might start poking around to see what it will take to create this.

There are many ways to do this... The cryptocoin gateways are not much different from PayPal, Stripe or others.

I'd be will to develop this for donations to get it done,

Connect with my if you would consider support this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, marketstreetforum said:

I think adding support for Coinbase would be awesome. I might start poking around to see what it will take to create this.

There are many ways to do this... The cryptocoin gateways are not much different from PayPal, Stripe or others.

I'd be will to develop this for donations to get it done,

Connect with my if you would consider support this.

Stripe already supports bitcoin, we just have to integrate it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, David.. said:

Stripe already supports bitcoin, we just have to integrate it

Yes, but your limited to just BTC.

BTW the fees to send BTC are astronomical right now. I tried to send some coins to someone the other day, the fee for like a $15 transaction was $25. Yes the FEE was more then the item I wanted. The truth is, & in my own analysis right now BTC is not working as a currency, it is must more like a commodity, such as gold/silver is

Coinbase and other Cryptocurrency platforms would be a good choice to because most support other coins. Which allows flexibility in future payment ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:44 PM, David.. said:

That’s why I need this because I have 0 hahaha

The detonation won't hurt you.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:58 PM, Matt said:

giphy.gif

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't waste your time. If you are serious about crypto investment. Go with ripple (Xrp). it was hit 10$ in 3 years, is being rolled out as a transaction processor to banks. The other crypto will burst and fail. Don't even bother with them. Trust me! Besides. This is the year they bring about the one world currency. A $ ain't going to be worth much in 7-8 months I don't think.

Edited by Netherlord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Silnei L Andrade said:

This is a good solution for this.

Just another solution to add. Not hating on the idea of adding cryptocurrency support (Marketplace app already adds this ability) , Coinpayments in your example has already been done by @Ahmad E.  ; but Stripe has this as well (which is built into Commerce). Just the stripe skin needs to be updated to support it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2018 at 4:36 PM, MADMAN32395 said:

Just another solution to add. Not hating on the idea of adding cryptocurrency support (Marketplace app already adds this ability) , Coinpayments in your example has already been done by @Ahmad E.  ; but Stripe has this as well (which is built into Commerce). Just the stripe skin needs to be updated to support it.

 

 

His mod doesn't work for IPB 4.2.x or 4.3.x unfortunately.. wish there was an update on it for 4.3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No worries, I got 4+ years of blockchain and 15+ years of API payment gateway experience and we are going to run some really advanced things on the IPS4 powered platform of OSXL. https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/10003-whats-going-on-ill-tell-ya-whats-going-on/?do=findComment&comment=77753 ... Some of those crypto currency plugins might find their way onto the Market Place of invision ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rhyker2u said:

No worries, I got 4+ years of blockchain and 15+ years of API payment gateway experience and we are going to run some really advanced things on the IPS4 powered platform of OSXL. https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/10003-whats-going-on-ill-tell-ya-whats-going-on/?do=findComment&comment=77753 ... Some of those crypto currency plugins might find their way onto the Market Place of invision ?

Oh god, you are the answer to my prayers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...