Don't care for the new look

WOFman

• Management
2 hours ago, Colonel_mortis said:

Personally, I'm not a fan of the very top bar being white. I think a dark bar would look better, such as

59b32cc91ddde_Screenshotfrom2017-09-0900-49-52.thumb.png.29a0c544dc42f36e6aa229e8da64f728.png

(the bar there is #212932). However, my browser skin is also dark, so maybe it looks better with white above it.

Nice!

I like the new look but i find navigation is dreadful now.I'm constantly being taken back to the homepage.At least add back in the the links to the user menu drop down so we can get to things easier.When i finally found marketplace  i then couldn't get back to forums.It just doesn't flow for me.I understand that you want to stuff features down peoples throats when they come to the site to promote your product but for someone who uses the forums i find it difficult.I think this is due to the white top bar being so unnoticeable that I even forget it is there.

The color transition of the widgets looks wrong to me. IPS should either make the navigation bar "sticky" (movable), or whatever its called, with some box shadow at the bottom, or change its color. I prefer the first one, cause it will look more professional, instead of changing the color.

I think the front page looks great.

I'm not a fan of all the white on the forums.  Too bright and washed out with no contrast.  I especially do not like the white bar on top. It blends with the Browser Chrome entirely too much.

And for the love of all that is holy... CONTRAST.  This is a thing.  I mean, if you have nothing but a bunch of 16-25 year olds, fine.  When you start getting older, contrast helps with the eyestrain.  light gray text on white background is harder to read.  Especially in small text sizes.

• Management
57 minutes ago, kmk said:

Is possible ips offer this new look like a theme? I really like it, so nice if can make it a homepage...

It's possible (and I'd very much like to) do and release theme modifications, but our own corporate theme is for our site only. We appreciate your interest though! 

11 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

The chages made on the theme should be applied in the default theme. I mean, buttons are blue; in default theme they're green, etc.  I know we can change it but it feels better. 

Yeah - selfish of me I know, but it feels like this was a great little set of tweaks and I want them.

I have to agree that I also like the new fixed navigation menu. If someone on my forums posts a message, they don't have to scroll back to the top of the forum page. I've also found a fix for the navigation menu bar and I'm working on a similar menu that uses the same IPS wrapper but doesn't use the mouse-over effect, which has always bothered me. Once I have it finished, I'll post on the forums how to create it, in case others want to use it. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Archived