Don't care for the new look

WOFman

16 hours ago, Rikki said:

What in particular don't you care for? Specific feedback is helpful in cases like this :) 

It took me forever to find the marketplace. It is not the colors, but the layout.

13 hours ago, Tom S. said:

You're the person who dislikes a popular video on YouTube and everyone wonders "how could someone dislike this". 

It's easy to see that a lot of work and creativity was put into the new look. Get out of here with a comment like that. Serves no purpose other than to be an ass. ASSman.

Yeah, your comment really serves a purpose now doesn't it.

15 hours ago, Morisato said:

I think he doesn't like it because of the default page and having to actually search for links. It's the only thing about the redesign that I don't like. It just feels too cumbersome.

Bingo! It does not make sense.

@WOFman, this is why when posting feedback about IPS, it's necessary for IPS to know what exactly you don't like. Otherwise, they have to guess as to why you don't like the new design. This is why many of us are very detailed in providing feedback about IPS and their products so they can better improve their services. Just saying "I don't like the new design" doesn't really give IPS anything to go on which is what @Rikki had said in his post above.

• Management
3 minutes ago, WOFman said:

I like the colors and the look of the main page, My main issue was trying to find my way through the navigation. Now that you have the market, community and member area in the upper left, it's all good. 

We had that the first day it was launched too (expect for community link).

Maybe if the navigation on the default homepage was modified to make it simpler to find the links you're looking for. But, for the casual visitor who's interested in your products, most will probably go elsewhere instead of trying to figure out the navigation. But, it does need to be fine-tuned to make it simpler for new visitors who are interested in purchasing a license.

33 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

It misses a few adjustments when you're in a mobile device. Example: if you're on marketplace, there's no way to go to Community, unless you edit the URL. There is no menu at the top, so you got stuck there.

Wow, that's a pretty big oversight - hopefully IPS resolves this!

Showing off the IPS Community should be a focal point for demonstrating how powerful the IPS Suite is in practice.

My only complaint is the Marketplace link is a bit too hidden for my liking, but I'll eventually get used to where it is now.

yesterday I couldn't search on mobile. that might be fixed now. and top left links "market place" etc are hard to find. I think those should be moved and no links in that area at all would be better.

Other than that I think it looks very slick and professional.  More professional than it used to. I really like what you do @Rikki ( I think it's you anyway) Striving always for best in class layout, css and design. So many companies just go with 1 look and call it a day. You're always tweaking and optimizing. Thank you

On 07/09/2017 at 8:58 PM, Rikki said:

What in particular don't you care for? Specific feedback is helpful in cases like this :) 

Personally, I'm not a fan of the very top bar being white. I think a dark bar would look better, such as

59b32cc91ddde_Screenshotfrom2017-09-0900-49-52.thumb.png.29a0c544dc42f36e6aa229e8da64f728.png

(the bar there is #212932). However, my browser skin is also dark, so maybe it looks better with white above it.

49 minutes ago, Colonel_mortis said:

Personally, I'm not a fan of the very top bar being white. I think a dark bar would look better, such as

59b32cc91ddde_Screenshotfrom2017-09-0900-49-52.thumb.png.29a0c544dc42f36e6aa229e8da64f728.png

(the bar there is #212932). However, my browser skin is also dark, so maybe it looks better with white above it.

I agree.  The white menu bar at the top aesthetically carries over to the white of the community, but it's interrupted by the blue menu bars.  

Archived