Whats next on the docket?

SJ77

Hi

Just wondering if there is anything to get excited about. Haven't really seen any progress updates in awhile and wondering what you all at IPS are working on.

Will it just be mild bug fixes until 4.3? Or will there be some incremental fun between these versions? Any road map or hints to share?

Thanks in advance.

48 minutes ago, AndyF said:

:) No reason other than I do not know personally what is (as my roles are Marketplace only really) but if I did I could not say... :)

oh ok, that makes sense. I guess I didn't know there was so much secrecy surrounding such things. I do understand the need to manage expectations and not promise things until they are sure to be delivered. I am just hoping for a bit of insight, or some indication of direction the ship is heading next. (even if minor).

Some teasers are always fun!

IPS rarely gives updates where it concerns maintenance patches. They give updates when it concerns a new feature or a major change to a feature. I've been a licensed user of IPS products since 2005 and I can tell you that upgrades are the only things that IPS gives updates on, never maintenance patches, until they are ready to be released. Maintenance patches, security releases, I've never seen them given an official update post on the site unless it's to announce that a new patch has been released.

LOLS. HAHA

2 hours ago, Joy Rex said:

I think it bears remembering telegraphing your product intentions may be beneficial for your users, but it is more beneficial to your competitors...

Yeah I guess that is a fair point. I had not thought of that. 

4 hours ago, Morisato said:

IPS rarely gives updates where it concerns maintenance patches. They give updates when it concerns a new feature or a major change to a feature. I've been a licensed user of IPS products since 2005 and I can tell you that upgrades are the only things that IPS gives updates on, never maintenance patches, until they are ready to be released. Maintenance patches, security releases, I've never seen them given an official update post on the site unless it's to announce that a new patch has been released.

LOLS. HAHA

Fair enough. I just recall some sort of road map being published. Albeit a vague and somewhat ambiguous road map but none the less I had a general sense of what needed to be done. "I.E: Working on user engagement" 

I really don't know what the goals are at this point. 

7 hours ago, superj707 said:

Yeah I guess that is a fair point. I had not thought of that. 

Fair enough. I just recall some sort of road map being published. Albeit a vague and somewhat ambiguous road map but none the less I had a general sense of what needed to be done. "I.E: Working on user engagement" 

I really don't know what the goals are at this point. 

Are you referring to the feature plan they briefly hosted during 4.0 or something more recent? 

The theme of 4.2 has always been user engagement.  4.3 is search.

@Ramsesx, IPS 4.3 has not been released. Don't expect it to be released until late 2019. IPS doesn't even have a copy of it for themselves to use. IPS 4.2 has only recently been released as a final version. I expect that they won't start working on IPS 4.3 until late next year. Don't expect 4.3 until around late Fall of 2019.

• Management
1 hour ago, Morisato said:

@Ramsesx, IPS 4.3 has not been released. Don't expect it to be released until late 2019. IPS doesn't even have a copy of it for themselves to use. IPS 4.2 has only recently been released as a final version. I expect that they won't start working on IPS 4.3 until late next year. Don't expect 4.3 until around late Fall of 2019.

2019? We'll be on IPS 7.2 by then! 

I'm kidding, but 4.3 is underway and we should start talking about it in coming weeks. 

Without too many spoilers, the focus for 4.3 is largely engineering and refinement. Gallery, clubs, search, etc. 

@Lindy, IPS 7.2. :lol: Just shows that even IPS can laugh at themselves. But, from previous announcements, usually the initial announcement just talks about what IPS plans to do with the next upgrade, what features they're looking to implement but nothing too specific. I've seen this with 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, etc. But, the notion by some members here that IPS already has a working copy of IPS 4.3 is insane.

:lol:

Archived