forum_core_search_index table needs to be restored ?

Hi,

Each time I need to restore the forum from a backup (203 tables / 1'350'000 records), the table that takes the most of the time restoring is forum_core_search_index . I was wondering if in order to gain time on restoration, it may be possible to not restore the content of this table as it may be automatically re-generated after restoration ?

If it is possible, maybe other tables of same kind should be ignored in order to make it work in the right way.

Some indications will then be appreciated,
Thank you in advance for your help,

Z

• 2 weeks later...

You can skip restore this table. But your search didn't work (will found nothing). For re-create this index (or after some big changes in content places directly) you can press a button 'Re-create search index' in Search settings in ACP. This will start background working task. But it will get mush more time, than you manually restore old table directly because it take each searchable content item and parse it's content to that index.

For backups it's not so need (as i think). If you need some other case (for example, test new applications and plugins on test environment with a production tables) - it's ok and you can skip some logs table (core, members, moderators, renames, errors). Additionally you can skip personal conversations (if you don't need to check it). All this depends only for you special cases for you goal.

OK, I've done it yesterday and everything went very well ! Thank you @Upgradeovec !!!

The search index rebuild is not a problem, even if it takes longer than restauration, it is automatic and considering I launch it during the night, there is no much impact on the community !

Thanks to you I earn at least 1h each time !!! :thumbsup:

On 16.09.2017 at 12:50 AM, Zorro_X said:

OK, I've done it yesterday and everything went very well ! Thank you @Upgradeovec !!!

The search index rebuild is not a problem, even if it takes longer than restauration, it is automatic and considering I launch it during the night, there is no much impact on the community !

Thanks to you I earn at least 1h each time !!! :thumbsup:

Glad to help :)

Archived