Pages SuperTopics (Support Topic)

2 minutes ago, opentype said:

The colors are inherited from your theme and work perfectly fine if the theme colors are set in a way they are meant to be used. If you remove color distinctions, that’s not a SuperGrid problem per se, but one that will be a problem throughout your site. 

What I should to do? can you access my site and take a look? I Will send you the ACP credential ....

5 minutes ago, opentype said:

There are no size settings. The cards take as much space as they need within the grid. The image size is defined in the plugin settings (“aspect ratio”). 

And is possible adjust the Title size? you can see so many white space between Image and title....

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Well we have one section with articles on upcoming walking football tours and it would be good to display them in a random order as we only add a new tour as and when they created.

So without having random, 1 tour could be displayed for 2 or 3 months. But we have several of them we want to push.

Hope that makes sense

• 1 month later...

TASK: To grab the first image from topics in a specific forum and put them in a block on the forum index visible to specific groups.

(BTW:  This is a very important feature I need to get working correctly)

I would think this is a simple undertaking.

The blocks look great.  They are the right size with the right captioning.

Here's the problem: No matter what I do only admin can see the blocks

I have tried all the following ... and lots of other stuff not listed

Nothing works

-- Clicked every link on everything, everywhere remotely connected to this (dozens of times)
-- Looked in everywhere in the ACP
-- Created blocks
-- Copied blocks
-- Recopied blocks
-- Logged as various user groups
-- Uninstalled plug-in
-- Reinstalled plug-in
-- Permissions:  ALL
-- Permissions:
Group specific
-- Honor permissions: enabled
-- Honor permissions: disabled
-- Block location: Forum index
-- Block Location: Custom page

I've got my fingers crossed that I'm just an idiot.
That I cannot find the setting that will fix this, even though it's in an obvious location

Am I an idiot or is this thing broken?

Well, SuperTopics is just a different styling of forum feeds. It shouldn’t influence block visibility in any way. 

To test this, just turn off the the SuperTopics template for the block you are already using. 

• if the visibility problem persists, it’s not a SuperTopics problem and you need to open a support ticket with IPS or ask in the peer-to-peer forums here. 
  • if the problem goes away and it points to a SuperTopics problem, I probably need temporary admin access to find the source of the problem on your site. 

On the aspect ratio setting, is it possible for it to be set to preserve existing aspect ratio? We get images of all shapes and sizes, so if they don't fit the aspect ratio, they end up getting squeezed one way or the other.  I do understand that there are extreme circumstances where this might make things wonky, but most pictures are in a fairly standard range of aspect ratios.

The grid view requires equal heights. So that will always be forced. 
(A theoretic alternative is to contain the images in equal frames and leave empty space where necessary, but I won’t do that for stylistic reasons.)

So the only alternative for you would be to go towards a more square-shaped aspect ratio, which reduces the effect of a large aspect ratio mismatch between image and frame. 

(I assume “squeezed” was just the wrong word and you probably meant cut off. Because nothing should be squeezed in any of my templates.)

3 hours ago, ILM2 said:

I've got my fingers crossed that I'm just an idiot.

That I cannot find the setting that will fix this, even though it's in an obvious location

Am I an idiot or is this thing broken?

Your answer pointed me in the direction of "template".

Once I selected the correct template (super topic posts) everything came together nicely.

It's definitely not broken.  The jury still out if I'm an idiot or not.  Like many modifications, there is little or no documentation and developers assume that every customer is an expert user.

Bottom line:  The feeds are showing up perfectly.  Life is good

In fact, I just purchased Super Grid a few moments ago.