News Ticker [ support topic ]

5 hours ago, itshoshua said:

Maybe I'm not being exactly clear here.

1. When installing the plugin, nothing shows up on the site - no ticker bar.

2. When setting up the block, and following your directions using the correct name and using the correct code, nothing shows up on the site.

3. I have checked over the simple rules multiple times, made sure I copied and pasted the correct thing multiple times. 

Now, here are the questions.

- Is their something I need to change within that code block template for rss?

- Should the ticker be showing on my site without me setting it up?

- Would you like to come aboard and see if I'm just a noob and i'm overlooking something?

Right now, there is a rss block on top of my page. What I did was, edited this information, followed the steps, and then moved the rss block to the page to see if RSS was working. RSS is working, links are populating (news), but there is. no. ticker. 

Any help would be appreciated as I do believe this will be a nice addition to my new site, which is why I paid for it. haha.

When you install the plugin the news ticker bar should appear on one of the positions provided in the configuration tab without you doing anything so yea it should work just by installing it, if not then send me a login info and i will check, also send me your rss feed link i will create the block for you :) 

13 hours ago, TAMAN said:

When you install the plugin the news ticker bar should appear on one of the positions provided in the configuration tab without you doing anything so yea it should work just by installing it, if not then send me a login info and i will check, also send me your rss feed link i will create the block for you :) 

Yee, I sent you a PM here with the information to come check it out when you're free. 

• 2 weeks later...

After I upgraded to 1.05 my ticker went away and it just shows as a block.  None of the styles I choose does anything.  I have a custom skin...is there a fix?

**I'm going to PM you my login info so u can check since that's what u asked of the last person.

Edited by Volstate
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Just now, kmk said:

Thank, is possible put news ticker only for some page? I use Collaboration app, so I would like give to diferents collabs pages news ticker use, each collabs owner can manage theirs setting.

You have some exclude settings in the permissions tab, thats all you can do 

85738a2deb7de971406ad3726320deae.png

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, No' said:

Hi, 

Very good plugin :)

I have a question/suggestion

It is possible to remove the ticker in the page when the website is offline ?

Thank you :)

No, but when your website is offline, you could simply check "Who can see" setting in the news ticker :) 

Hi Taman,

I have a few requests concerning the features:

1. Please let us make the ticker disposable for specified groups. The ticker is nice, but it can also start to annoy its viewers after looking on it for hours. A feature like "dispose of the ticker until new content is added to the ticker" would be fine. Or "dispose for 1 day" would be fine also.
  2. I detected a bug: on the forum index (which is my homepage) everything looks fine and the ticker works as expected. If I switch the page, f.e. to the calendar, the ticker also shows up fine, BUT: After the first ticker cycle was displayed, starting with the second cycle, the text isn't faded in character for character from right to left anymore. The whole <li> element is faded in as soon as the gap left to the start/pause panel is big enough to fade in the whole <li> element at once. Until then there is a long empty gap which doesn't look very nice...

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Cyboman said:

Hi Taman,

I have a few requests concerning the features:

1. Please let us make the ticker disposable for specified groups. The ticker is nice, but it can also start to annoy its viewers after looking on it for hours. A feature like "dispose of the ticker until new content is added to the ticker" would be fine. Or "dispose for 1 day" would be fine also.
  2. I detected a bug: on the forum index (which is my homepage) everything looks fine and the ticker works as expected. If I switch the page, f.e. to the calendar, the ticker also shows up fine, BUT: After the first ticker cycle was displayed, starting with the second cycle, the text isn't faded in character for character from right to left anymore. The whole <li> element is faded in as soon as the gap left to the start/pause panel is big enough to fade in the whole <li> element at once. Until then there is a long empty gap which doesn't look very nice...

Thanks.

I will look into that later

thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

except for my last post here https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/440419-news-ticker-support-topic/?do=findComment&comment=2729459

there is also the problem, that if I "add a member, that can edit the ticker on the frontend", these permissions are not honored.

I entered several members in this field (they don't belong to permitted groups, but this isn't necessary), but to none of them the "pencil" symbol is displayed.

Edited by Cyboman
On 2/19/2018 at 10:14 AM, TAMAN said:

Have you edited the news ticker html?

anyway, try to reinstall the plugin because it is totally fine here

So weird, I have it installed some days ago and not working, I leaved there...but today bump....I dont know how, appear news ticker...so anyway....how I can hide or delete 2 lines spaces or bordes?

Screenshot_2018-02-24-18-03-58.jpg

47 minutes ago, kmk said:

So weird, I have it installed some days ago and not working, I leaved there...but today bump....I dont know how, appear news ticker...so anyway....how I can hide or delete 2 lines spaces or bordes?

Screenshot_2018-02-24-18-03-58.jpg

Check the other styles maybe? There are a couple of styles if I remember one of them is without a border color 

Sorry, I’m on my phone.

11 minutes ago, kmk said:

What is the diference, Tickers and Custom tickers? if there is Add another botton to add more tickers, why Custom tickers too?

image.thumb.png.b0d11c42f61dce956bc36b5edd1cda5d.png

So in case if someone wants to customize a tickers, for example haven images as ticker or whatever 

support is not provided for that you must know html and css css :) 

Edited by TAMAN
36 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

So in case if someone wants to customize a tickers, for example haven images as ticker or whatever 

support is not provided for that you must know html and css css :) 

Understanded

58 minutes ago, kmk said:

Need change the color of point...

image.png.f24ff85b4235cec164dabfdb72b30465.png