Possible Commerce glitch?

socceronly

Just curious if anyone else has experienced this. 

People make mistakes, I get that.  And there is no way to know what someone actually did on the site itself.

However, some time ago I sent a product to someone who swears they ordered something else.  Never thought much about it until now. 

I sold about 1100 tickets to an event and this is the first time using the site to do it.   Some of those people are getting tickets in the wrong section, they swear they ordered them in X and got Y.  

The only reason I am posting this is one guy who messaged me through FB, no other means of contact with this guy ever. I sent him a link to section X, used it, and he ended up in Y.

He still could have made a mistake browsing on the site.  No doubt about it, I am 99.9% inclined to think human error..... but.... just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like it.

Thanks
JM

I cannot say I've heard of it, although it does sound more like a case of human error.

Depending on how far you want to go with this, you could if you are sure of their IP at the time of purchase etc possibly look at the raw access logs to see (just search them for their IP basically) to see exactly what links they did click on, that was although its quite annoying, cumbersome and long winded to do you would at least be sure...

• 5 months later...
On 2/16/2018 at 5:52 PM, Blisslandia said:

What process did you use to do this? 1 commerce product? Did you have different ticket options or just one?

They were separate products, each ticket section/type.  

About to do it again, I'll keep a closer eye on it and see if anything like this crops up again.

3 hours ago, socceronly said:

They were separate products, each ticket section/type.  

About to do it again, I'll keep a closer eye on it and see if anything like this crops up again.

I'm working on hiring a developer to make a ticket plugin. Let me know if you are interested in going in on it together with some features you might want.

1 hour ago, Blisslandia said:

I'm working on hiring a developer to make a ticket plugin. Let me know if you are interested in going in on it together with some features you might want.

Well, I guess it depends on what you mean.   I know my brother might be interested in that. He runs a community theater. 

In my case I am running an organization that goes to games. So we re sell the tickets we buy in bulk.  Those are real electronic tickets from Ticketmaster or the venue in question.

I considered doing it completely through the site.    That is people buy the tickets and I attach them to a PM or buying a digital file...  It would drive an enormous number of people to the site. 

Right now they buy the tickets via the site, and I email them the tickets.

I can't imagine what would happen if there was real literal value to steal from the site hacker wise.  In some, rare cases, we are talking about close to a 100K in ticket value.   If that is all just sitting there in pdf form ready to be stolen I feel like we would attract a lot of unwanted attention.  Sure we could void all the tickets and reissue them, but not at the last minute, or worse not find out at all and then thousands of people can't get into the stadium. 

Archived