Change Post Date

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One of my moderators only has rights to moderate a single sub forum and I enabled "Can change post date." However, he can change the post date of any forum topic on the whole site, not just the sub forum for which I gave him this access right.

Please help.

Edited by Chris027
1 minute ago, Chris027 said:

One of my moderators only has rights to moderate a single sub forum and I enabled "Can change post date." However, he can change the post date of any forum topic on the whole site, not just the sub forum for which I gave him this access right.

Have you edited THIS specific moderator? You can see below that ALL is selected. You need to edit his name or group and enable the permission.

59a412d3461a2_Screenshot2.PNG.232958a8c9

If you did it, then it's a CORE thing. The only way to add mod permission is doing what I did.

I'll ask to IPS after you confirm.

Let me make a quick test here.

9 minutes ago, Chris027 said:

6 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Let me make a quick test here.

True. I can confirm it. I'll release a fix as soon as I fix, probably tomorrow.

I updated to version 1.0.2 and now it has a conflict with @All Astronauts Kitchen Sink version 16.0.0. I tried using Change Post Date in the first position and below Kitchen Sink, but the little icon to change the post date will not appear if KS in enabled in any position in the plugin list.

Any help is much appreciated.

Edited by Chris027
  • 1 month later...

Just a question. 
Recently I was thinking of the idea to create some old content and bury or hide it in some specific forum sections, by changing the date, for example, 1 year old.

Does this mean that if I create a new topic, I change the topic date to last year ... it will still appear in streams as a today's post ?

• 3 weeks later...

I installed and checked it today.

I had a topic with 3 replies. I changed the fourth to be between the first and the second. The post changed position but in a while i have the notification "2 new replies" and it added (again) the 2 posts which was already there.....after some minutes again added 2 new posts (the same)....Screenshot_3.thumb.jpg.d305a7b0c74e2811fea0f554fd9700e0.jpg

If i refresh the page, they disapear and in few minutes again the same....

Also in topic list, i see the old last poster and not the new one....

Any help ?

Edited by Valtasar
On 17/11/2017 at 12:24 PM, Valtasar said:

IScreenshot_3.thumb.jpg.d305a7b0c74e2811fea0f554fd9700e0.jpg

If i refresh the page, they disapear and in few minutes again the same....

Also in topic list, i see the old last poster and not the new one....

Any help ?

I start to believe that there's something more out there. I  haven't tested this yet (will do this weekend). My dev board has ALL plugins disabled, inclusing this one, and I keep getting this repeatdly:

• 2 weeks later...

Another Question ! I really need this widget :sweat:

Let's say I have a topic and I add another comment. If I change the date of the last comment to a date before the first post, will this last comment become the first comment of the topic automatically ? or I will have to do something else ?

My intention here is to replace the first post of a few topics in one of my forums, would this work this way ?