AdminCP search takes a year to finish

Maxtor

22 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Take a look in your logs; probably it's not finishing due to an error.

i get a lot of this:
[27-Aug-2017 11:44:30 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function language() on null in /home/maxtor99/public_html/system/Output/Output.php on line 538

And some others spare logs constantly:

[27-Aug-2017 11:44:28 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function language() on null in /home/maxtor99/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php on line 74

[27-Aug-2017 11:44:26 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method stdClass::language() in /home/maxtor99/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php on line 137

I have check my database via phpmyadmin and i saw that there are tables which start with orig_ipm_ and some other as ipm_ .  Do i need both types? Also some databases are still latin1_swedish_ci and some utf8_unicode_ci . is that normal? Should it be all databes as utf, since the converter done this on upgrade?

For what it's worth, this used to happen to me sometimes.  My searches sometimes crapped out, but more often than not finished very, very slowly.

For me, it was ultimately a hardware problem - I replaced a 7 year-old modem and crappy router with a brand new modem-router and that improved my connection a hundred fold - now everything comes up very quickly.

2 minutes ago, liquidfractal said:

For what it's worth, this used to happen to me sometimes.  My searches sometimes crapped out, but more often than not finished very, very slowly.

For me, it was ultimately a hardware problem - I replaced a 7 year-old modem and crappy router with a brand new modem-router and that improved my connection a hundred fold - now everything comes up very quickly.

at 3.x i was using admincp search and had results in miliseconds.. Now in 4.x it never ends searching. what is happening. 

i have vdsl 50mbps, this is nothing have to do with local network. 

Archived