More In-depth thread prefixes

joshuaj

I know there is a plugin for this ( I purchased it), but I would like to see this feature a core component of the software. Past software I have used had this as a core feature. I know that with IPS there are thread prefixes and tags but it doesn't seem as in depth as other software.

For example: I would like the ability to have specific thread prefixes for specific forums. I'd also like the ability to add more than 1 prefix to that thread.

I have a forum where users can see only threads they make and utilize it as a support forum for one of my game servers. I can use multiple thread prefixes for sorting purposes.

threadprefix.thumb.jpg.1a8582bde1671f67f505925411f496d6.jpg

1000% for improving this. In addition, specific styling of certain prefixes (and even tags if you will, e.g background colour). While we're at it, since the OP suggested specific sets of prefixes per forum, I'd love to be able to change the label of the prefix input from "Prefix" to something else, e.g "Related Game".

Sure, all possible with CSS & template edits... which I've done already, but a proper tag/prefix editor would do wonders.

• 4 months later...

I want to convert to Invision Community but prefixes are a sticking point for me. My forum relies heavily on prefixes and before I can make the change I would need a core area to create and manage color, who, which and where prefixes can be used. Please consider adding this feature.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Lack of prefixes in a definable per forum area is what is one of the major things keeping me from converting a site over from XF to IPS.  I have a developers site set up for the XF one and I went from 11 topic nodes to 33 nodes.  The added benefit of the prefixes in one node allows users to maybe find another topic they wish to discuss.  The nice benefit of the way XF does it is a simple add-on (in the 1.5 line) allows you to sort by the prefix.  I believe the 2.0.x line does that natively now.

Archived