How high an IPS forum might rank compared to a blog?

GeorgiaV

I am interested to have a subforum as a "database" with information for supplements, and I was wondering if I make a thread (for example) with all the information about CDP choline, how easily would be to compete with the second google result coming from a blog?

https://www.braintropic.com/nootropics/cdp-choline/

I cannot understand why a blog whould rank higher than a well constructed forum page? If I make a page in the "articles" section in IPS?

The ranking represents “relevancy” and both forums and blogs as well as their entries can or cannot be relevant for a search phrase. So I wouldn’t worry about that. Use a forum if a forum is the right choice for the users—use articles if articles is the right choice for your users. Because that is what the search engine tries to figure out and measure. 

Thank you, please let me explain a little more.

I am interested to have a "database" with novel supplements, so when some member would type a supplement name the word would take a slightly different color, with the option to click on it and get more information from inside the IP board, either in a subforum or article page.

If I do this, and I guess custom work is required to set it up... I was wondering what is the best way to go about it for seo (subforum or pages?) and how might this compare to a blog? I found it somewhat surprizing that a blog would rank second to the not as common supplement CDP choline. Its not very common, but still couple major brands have it, and you can easily find it in Amazon, iHerb etc. 

Nevertheless this blog, that represents/affiliate a major (but smaller) nootropic brand ranks second in google for this supplement and many others! I was wondering if they have any advantage in their platform? Is having both an IPS forum and blog gives an advantage over just a blog?

Why google would rank higher a site that you could just find information, where a forum, can possibly have a very large audience every month "by default". Is n;t that giving an advantage? If yes, how you should structure SEO on IPS to get high ranking for people that search for a specific keyword in order to get more people to find your community?

that would depend on how far you want to go with it ...and i don't think blogs and ips is any different its how you run it and make the looks of it when is comes to seo its  no different its not going to make yours the best  or any one else all that matters is you can get members to come and join your community and to have them stay like facebook and twitter and that they will share your stuff on social media its not how well you make your forums look  you can be the best website builder its about sharing your topic or blug's

1 hour ago, GeorgiaV said:

I am interested to have a "database" with novel supplements, so when some member would type a supplement name the word would take a slightly different color, with the option to click on it and get more information from inside the IP board, either in a subforum or article page.

Keywords by @CodingJungle

On 20/08/2017 at 4:07 AM, GeorgiaV said:

I cannot understand why a blog whould rank higher than a well constructed forum page? If I make a page in the "articles" section in IPS?

Hi @GeorgiaV that website has a lot of website backlinks (53,000) and is ranking for many other Google keywords (88,000) and also has strong internal linking between related categories:

https://www.semrush.com/info/www.braintropic.com

Although it has lots of affiliate links it also has references to trusted government resources (US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health for example) so that is a factor on why Google has given it a high ranking.

There's no reason why IPS pages couldn't rank as well if you can do similar..

Archived