Why are almost all themes dark?

cafeboricua

Ips focus has some really nice themes in the store here , ortem, uniform and a few others are light themes with background and color pickers. Taman has magnum and behemoth which are both light and have a ton of options . 

All of my themes come as white and dark by default, one click switches the entire colors in theme editing into a preset of white and dark colors, this is a new feature i actually added about 3-4 days ago and users can add thier own preset of colors, right now in magnum theme there are actually 5 preset of colors ;) 

but damn my demo page sucks to provide a good info LOL and yea im more into gaming stuff

3 hours ago, cafeboricua said:

I have been waiting for someone to sell a theme that is light, pretty, nice colors and reasonable price.  Lately everything is dark and for games.  Does anyone have plans or has started working in some light themes.

www.cafeboricua.com

My latest theme juggernaut,comes in light and dark versions  

There does seem generally at least slightly more darker themes than lighter ones, but I think its always been this way. I would guess its supply/demand as most may want a darker theme. As indicated above there are plenty of lighter themes however to choose from.

Here's a random thought: If the IPS product itself only ever came with a darker theme (as its always been a relatively light one on all versions all the way back to the start of time) if that would of meant more lighter third party themes were produced. We may never know. :)

The only general slightly off-putting thing I find with a few dark themes (I'm speaking as a client here) is where for instance the text is in grey (or gray if you prefer) on a very dark/black background as the lack of apparent contrast between the two colors can make it difficult to read, this is more the case with smaller fonts however. A good example of this would be a post background in black or very dark and a darkish grey text colour on it. To be fair the same can happen on a light theme too if the background text color is too light but that seems relatively rare.

Guys all of your skins are very pretty. But there are not me for my site, my board is in spanish and most members are seniors.  It has to be easy to our eyes.  And the theme needs to be easy to set up, unless the owner of the theme helps me.  I really like some of Taman's themes and he already knows that I really need help...LOL  What really worries me is the slider in front that seems too big and I know my backgrounds would not look so sharp as the demo. 

Archived