Jump to content

Reaction button hidden until hovered over


aardvarked
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello! Not sure if this is the right forum but it seemed like the best fit

I've just changed some of the reactions on my forum, using transparent pngs. For some reason, the reaction icon (the default thumb on this forum) is now hidden until it's hovered (on desktop) or selected (on mobile/tablet).

I've had a look at the HTML and CSS but can't see why this would happen, it looks like it's looking for the correct image, and finding it, but it's just not displaying.

An example here - http://www.talkmanutd.com/topic/3079-player-ratings-man-utd-vs-west-ham/?tab=comments#comment-280151

 

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, aardvarked said:

Hello! Not sure if this is the right forum but it seemed like the best fit

I've just changed some of the reactions on my forum, using transparent pngs. For some reason, the reaction icon (the default thumb on this forum) is now hidden until it's hovered (on desktop) or selected (on mobile/tablet).

I've had a look at the HTML and CSS but can't see why this would happen, it looks like it's looking for the correct image, and finding it, but it's just not displaying.

An example here - http://www.talkmanutd.com/topic/3079-player-ratings-man-utd-vs-west-ham/?tab=comments#comment-280151

 

Thanks!

If you mean the yellow hand with thumb up then it is showing for me using both IE11 and FF browsers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry, I forgot you wouldn't be able to see the reaction options unless you were logged in..! Basically where the white heart on the grey background is on these forums (bottom right of the posts), my board is displaying an empty icon that only appears once you hover over it. This must be because I removed the heart icon and replaced it with another one, however the link to the image is present in the html but for some reason it's not showing up

Comparison screenshot between my forums and this one:

 

 

ss1.JPG

ss2.JPG

Edited by aardvarked
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, aardvarked said:

Sorry, I forgot you wouldn't be able to see the reaction options unless you were logged in..! Basically where the white heart on the grey background is on these forums (bottom right of the posts), my board is displaying an empty icon that only appears once you hover over it. This must be because I removed the heart icon and replaced it with another one, however the link to the image is present in the html but for some reason it's not showing up

Comparison screenshot between my forums and this one:

 

 

ss1.JPG

ss2.JPG

Difficult to solve without actually viewing problem.

Did you remove the 'blue background' from around the heart a well as replace heart (if so and your icon is white then not going to see it on a white background)

Other than that cannot help without as mentioned viewing issue

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, steve00 said:

Difficult to solve without actually viewing problem.

Did you remove the 'blue background' from around the heart a well as replace heart (if so and your icon is white then not going to see it on a white background)

Other than that cannot help without as mentioned viewing issue

Nope, the thumb icon is yellow and visible once you've reacted to a post

I've PMed you with an account, if you're able to take a look that would be massively helpful!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, steve00 said:

as thought background is transparent and the thumb is white


.ipsReact_button {
    background: transparent

in custom.css add:


.ipsReact_button {
    background: #000;
}

obviously change the 000 to your own requirements

I'm an idiot, I didn't realise the css would change the yellow icon to be white!

Thanks so much for you help

Edited by aardvarked
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, aardvarked said:

I'm an idiot, I didn't realise the css would change the yellow icon to be white!

Thanks so much for you help

I did mention previously

Quote

Did you remove the 'blue background' from around the heart a well as replace heart (if so and your icon is white then not going to see it on a white background)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...
On 6/14/2021 at 3:46 PM, Angel Costa said:

Four years laters and the dev team has not fixed this.

I think that this is not a bug, icon just blends into the background.

Edited by SeNioR-
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...