Delete Old Content - Supporttopic

Fosters

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AWAITING THE NEXT UPDATE FOR ANOTHER SITES USE....

Our news feeds forum will soon be PURGED from the site, most of the resources were added before compliance to SSL, we have set our bots to only return with secure information and they are being stubborn! Starting soon over 43,000 posts will be reviewed and ANY THREAD that no one has engaged with by commenting on it will be permanently deleted from the site, this new rule will apply to all future news items , so if you read a topic and think others should read it you have to post a comment on the thread for it to stay, all NEWS items will have 30 days to achieve a comment or it will be purged

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot about testing it ?

PHP Fatal error:  Access to undeclared static property: IPS\deleteoldcontent\Deletionrule::$databaseColumnMap in /applications/deleteoldcontent/sources/Deletionrule/Deletionrule.php on line 231

Changed the Line to:

$column = $class::$databaseColumnMap['approved'];

First test did work ?

21 hours ago, Simarilius said:

Forgot about testing it ?

PHP Fatal error:  Access to undeclared static property: IPS\deleteoldcontent\Deletionrule::$databaseColumnMap in /applications/deleteoldcontent/sources/Deletionrule/Deletionrule.php on line 231

Changed the Line to:

$column = $class::$databaseColumnMap['approved'];

First test did work ?

Thanks, I indeed found this some days ago and fixed it without releasing a new version. Just want to run a long time test on a test forum to ensure that really everything works now..
It would be too bad to have just another buggy release here:( It's already embarrassing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

No it’s absolutely not abandoned , but I asked to get new  purchases disabled after fixers bad experience. In the meanwhile 7 other clients purchases it indirect and nobody else experienced any problems. Really not sure what happened there.

the risk is really: one wrong setting ( e.g. no forums selected at all, one wrong timeframe , and you’ll literally get all content deleted accidentally... we could probably replace the approach with soft deleting the topics and sending an daily email to the admin  notifying him about the topics which are going to be depleted... not sure yet.. the risk that a client will lose some content is just too high so I don’t want to allow new purchases until we find a better solution 

Basically I don't want to delete anything anyway.

I sell the right to advertise in a specific forum. I want posts that are posted in the advertise forum to be hidden after 30 days. That way someone doesn't end up with a lifetime advertisement there. This provides a reason for them to pay month after month. Make sense?

Is there an easy way I can accomplish this?

Thank you. @Fosters

3 hours ago, Fosters said:

we could probably replace the approach with soft deleting the topics

If you were to do that, would it please be possible to also keep the option to delete, same as it now does? I use this for a forum where only a lot of RSS feeds are posted (as news items), with replies disabled. After a while, these topics become out of date, so I use this app to delete topics that are older than, for instance, 90 days.

• 2 months later...
On 9/13/2018 at 3:01 PM, Fosters said:

No it’s absolutely not abandoned , but I asked to get new  purchases disabled after fixers bad experience. In the meanwhile 7 other clients purchases it indirect and nobody else experienced any problems. Really not sure what happened there.

the risk is really: one wrong setting ( e.g. no forums selected at all, one wrong timeframe , and you’ll literally get all content deleted accidentally... we could probably replace the approach with soft deleting the topics and sending an daily email to the admin  notifying him about the topics which are going to be depleted... not sure yet.. the risk that a client will lose some content is just too high so I don’t want to allow new purchases until we find a better solution 

Is there a solution? I'm really in need of this app.

Archived