Profile Backgrounds (Support Topic)

1 hour ago, adik said:

@Adriano Faria users with the option of adding custom profile backgrounds that haven't added one yet have their CSS included into the code

• CSS.thumb.png.9dad17d3f3bb5d93de59d92c7fd3520b.png

Can't reproduce. According to your image, it should appear in the yellow area:

Tvu2cNR.png

When I use it, I see:

5oLkS0d.png

When I remove the image or remove my group from settings, shows nothing to me.

Are you using the latest version? I can enhance the query to avoid NULL in the image location field but I really can't reproduce. Do you have FTP access to upload a file with this change?

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 1 month later...
On 11/23/2021 at 8:57 PM, Greek76 said:

Hey Adriano. I purchased this for a second time and tried to install it on the forum and it say's that it was already installed and can't use. Contacted invision but they told me to contact you. Any ideas? I had messaged you too a couple of days ago about this too. Thanks

I have no messages from you on my inbox:

I see you purchased on November, 12 and November, 21.

What do you want from me?

Edited by Adriano Faria
9 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I have no messages from you on my inbox:

226A62BF-5B2B-4506-8032-52F7CBD8B8F8.thumb.png.3062a943e285677d0dd21f822b9db8d3.png

I see you purchased on November, 12 and November, 21.

What do you want from me?

Hmmm that’s strange because it’s in my messages  

2BB36E65-8431-4ECF-AC9B-3404BE2DE87C.thumb.png.8e2ed35b2c10417b7269cabcb673b614.png

Like I wrote in my previous post when I tried to install it on the 21st I got an error message stating that it was already installed on that forum but it’s not. I figured it was an Invision issue but they said to contact you. 

Edited by Greek76
Just now, Greek76 said:

Lol I must of forgot to hit submit. My apologies. Like I wrote in my previous post when I tried to install it on the 21st I got an error message stating that it was already installed on that forum but it’s not. I figured it was an Invision issue but they said to contact you. 

You can actually install only one “copy” of each resource in your system. 

If it’s not installed and still displaying the message, send a PM so I can take a look. 👍

11 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

You can actually install only one “copy” of each resource in your system. 

If it’s not installed and still displaying the message, send a PM so I can take a look. 👍

I don't want to sound like a pusher but considering you didn't get my previous just letting you know I sent you one earlier lol. Hopefully you got it this time.. 

On 11/24/2021 at 7:35 PM, Greek76 said:

I don't want to sound like a pusher but considering you didn't get my previous just letting you know I sent you one earlier lol. Hopefully you got it this time.. 

No:

Are you sure you’re sending ti right user?

I’ll send you one. Reply to it.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 4 months later...

Feature Request:

Can we have some kind of file-size limiter put in place, that we can change in the settings of the application, please? I'm having an issue where members are using a ridiculous sized (>15MB) PNG for their background image, I feel that they shouldn't be able to do that as a lot of people use mobile with a capped monthly bandwidth.

Cheers Adriano. 

1 minute ago, Tripp★ said:

Feature Request:

Can we have some kind of file-size limiter put in place, that we can change in the settings of the application, please? I'm having an issue where members are using a ridiculous sized (>15MB) PNG for their background image, I feel that they shouldn't be able to do that as a lot of people use mobile with a capped monthly bandwidth.

Cheers Adriano. 

I'll take a look in next version.

• 6 months later...

As mentioned by @Tripp★ before, i would like to remind you about file-size limitier option for the background image. I call it cricital bug as it is being nastily misued on my webpage by users frequently uploading huge >500MB images. Could you limit this feature as soon as possible please?

16 minutes ago, adik said:

What should happen so instead of searching workaround you would just fix the problem?

I probably will as I said in my other post. Someday. Not today.

How much space a user group can use is controlled at a user group level. I’m fine with it. This is NOT  a workaround, so a bug to you;  not to me. 

EDIT: No, not being harsh. I’m telling you a way to make it work in a not faulty.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

While testing an upgrade for a client we upgraded this modification from its 1.0.1 (plugin) version to 1.1.3 (application).

The 1.0.2 changelog says the data is synced and then the column dropped, but the current 1.1.3 version simply uninstalls the plugin without syncing any data:

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8653-profile-backgrounds/?changelog=22342

Removed the core_members columns from the database and added a table for the plugin, if updating it will automatically add the new table, sync all the members data to that table then remove the core_members columns

Taking a quick look at the Application.php file I see only the code to uninstall the plugin:

public function installOther()
	{
		try
		{
			$pluginData = \IPS\Db::i()->select( '*', 'core_plugins', array( 'plugin_location=?', "profilebackgrounds" ) )->first();
			try
			{
				$plugin = \IPS\Plugin::load( $pluginData['plugin_id'] );
				$plugin->delete();
			}
			catch ( \Exception $e ){}
		}
		catch( \UnderflowException $e ){}
	}

Ideally the function should instead run a background queue task to sync the data in batches and uninstall the plugin only once the process is complete.

Was the sync process only included in the 1.0.2 version of the plugin perhaps?

8 hours ago, teraßyte said:

Was the sync process only included in the 1.0.2 version of the plugin perhaps?

I have no idea. It should check for columns in core tables and call the queues and the queue will uninstall the plugin when completed, just like any other resources I did.

I made a mistake on this probably. Will take a look and fix.

There's a note in 1.1.0:

Upgrade from ANY plugin version:

• Simply install this application and it will uninstall the plugin. It WILL NOT keep the images uploaded because the old plugin deletes the uploaded images on its uninstall.

I don't remember the reason. I think it was using the core_Theme extension to upload images. Anyway, 5 sales in more than one year... so I really don't feel motivated to waste much time with this.