Profile Backgrounds (Support Topic)

• 8 months later...
Just now, Wolf said:

No

something must of added it lol, Once I am back and online properly I will send you a code to run in your SQL via the ACP what will delete that table, unless you have access to you phpmyadmin then just go on there and drop that table ( make sure you only do that though lol )

• 6 months later...

Could you please remove the uploaded file stored in IPS\File::get( 'core_Theme', $this->member->profileBackgroundImage ) when the plugin is uninstalled.

It's a grey area and we really dislike that people store their custom uploads to the core_Theme storage handler, but it's fine as long as everything is removed while the plugin uninstallation.

Please keep also in mind that the paths won't be changed automatically when the storage handler is changed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
7 hours ago, Tripp★ said:

@Adriano Faria Since updating to the latest version, and setting the permissions through the ACP, the button appears for some members, but when they try to change their profile background they get an error box reading "You are not allowed to edit this profile". Please advise.

Can you give an exact "set up" to reproduce? I'm able to add a profile background as a member. It requires:

• To be a moderator with CAN EDIT PROFILES permission (to remove images from other members)
  • If you are NOT a moderator:
    • The logged in member must be the profile owner
    • The group of the logged in member must be selected in the app settings.
Edited by Adriano Faria
On 10/7/2021 at 7:55 AM, Adriano Faria said:

And what’s the problem? 🤷🏻‍♂️

It has one setting only. 

Hmm, ok.  The "Who can use?" led me to expect some sort of menu to come up as soon as I enabled the app via the slider.  I'm not really sure why all of the base options are listed under the "Customize" menu.  Looks like the slider should be labelled "Enable Profile Backgrounds?" (on/off) so then "Customize?" would make more sense...to me anyway.  I guess the placement of the wording made me wonder if something was missing.

Edited by LiquidFractal