Settings for limit of leaders & moderators in club

AlexKERNEL

Hello,

Please add settings in CP for the forum Administration could limit the number of Leaders and Moderators in the clubs.Today, all club members can become admins and/or moderators. This is not acceptable. We don't need trolls. This is an additional work load on the Administration, which is to enforce the rules.

3 minutes ago, C4D Cafe said:

are you maybe familiar with the setting where I can limit number of clubs one member can have? I know I saw it somewhere but I simply cant find it! :(
Any help is appriciated!

You can limit the number of leaders and moderators in the file view.php the path /applications/core/modules/front/clubs

My fast-fix in view.php for use-case for my community:

/**
	 * Make a member a leader
	 * @return	void
	 */

/*...cut...*/

/* MAX Leaders 2 */

$leaders = \IPS\Db::i()->select( 'member_id', 'core_clubs_memberships', array( 'club_id=? AND status=?', $this->club->id, \IPS\Member\Club::STATUS_LEADER));
		if(count($leaders) > 2){
			\IPS\Output::i()->error( 'no_module_permission', 'LEADERS/LIMIT', 403, '' );
		}		

/*...cut...*/

/**
	 * Make a member a moderator
	 * @return	void
	 */

/*...cut...*/

/* MAX Moderators 4 */
		$moderators = \IPS\Db::i()->select( 'member_id', 'core_clubs_memberships', array( 'club_id=? AND status=?', $this->club->id, \IPS\Member\Club::STATUS_MODERATOR));
		if(count($moderators) > 4){
			\IPS\Output::i()->error( 'no_module_permission', 'MODERATORS/LIMIT', 403, '' );
		}		

I hope that in the next version, there will be a setting for Administrators in Admin panel where we can limit the number of leaders and moderators for the club through the UI.

PS: If thinking logically, Everyone understands that if 1000 users in the club, 500 can be leaders, and 500 moderators. It's a mess.

Archived