CodingJungle's Apps [support topic]

On 9/22/2020 at 3:34 AM, Unlucky said:

This file is not compatible with the version of Invision Community you are using.

that is due to it being linked to the MP in the ACP and the version here on the market upgrade hasn't been accepted by IPS (and there really isn't an easy to unlink it from the MP).

I originally submitted it about 3 weeks ago, and it was rejected cause IPS said i had missed the csrf check for the acp, when the ACP checks for the csrf automatically.

then it was rejected due to a undocumented change that was not reflected in the bulk of IPS own code so i missed that change on the upgrade.

now its being held up cause of one incredibly minor and petty rule change to the market place about error codes. when i originally wrote the app, i had copied a common enough error message, a node permission error, and misunderstood the intent of the error codes, i honestly thought they were to denote the type of the error and not a signpost in the code for the tech/dev to search the source code for where the error code was used. 

I know none of this is your problem, but you are affected by it. after 3 weeks of rejections, all i believe are due on part of IPS failure to communicate changes to the source to 3rd party developers and/or to have a consistent or even use industry standards for their code, and finally after the final rejection for something i view as a non-issue. I became frustrated with the whole process.

So now i'm waiting for clarification on a brand new rule that will be implemented (you ever tried to score in soccer when the refs keep moving the goal post on you?). So I apologize for the delay, but with each rejection coming with a 3 days or more from the time i submitted, i've often moved onto other projects and I am finding it hard to drop everything to change 4 characters in inconsequential code (that isn't bugged, it works as intended) or to scroll thru thousands of lines changes in the source code on an upgrade to figure each and everything that was changed, cause dev docs/change log do not reflect the change or the "summary of changes" get published long after the release. Again i apologize for the delay, i would say i could give you access to the update for it on my site, but that is another "no no" rule, I can't offer you access to resources on my site or even promote resources on my site if the purchase originated in the MP and vice versa. 

I've submitted yet another update, but if this one is rejected again, it might just be time to go elsewhere tbh. I mean if i am having this much trouble with a handful of apps of mine (as n2a also took a bit to get thru), i can only imagine what it is like for the more prolific 3rd party dev. 

Anyway, to end on a happier note, if any one is interest in babble 3.0 here are some preview videos of the 2 modes for it. Chatbar and Legacy and User Settings Overview:

Chatbar:

Legacy:

User Settings:

the quality might be set to potato as youtube is still processing them, but they show off the two views and the new features/user settings found in 3. This is still in beta, so there might be on screen bugs (like the reverse order bug). 

22 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:

i would say i could give you access to the update for it on my site, but that is another "no no" rule, I can't offer you access to resources on my site or even promote resources on my site if the purchase originated in the MP and vice versa. 

Sorry to read you are having issues as it cannot be easy for you guys but thank you for your time and on going work, its all very much appreciated.

Just one point i would like to pickup on is about not promoting resources on your site.

This comment from Lindy seams to suggest you can although it can be interpreted in a few different ways

I want to stress that you are welcome to contact an author for manual file provisions if you would like and we do not prohibit them from providing it. You may also purchase from some authors directly if you wish. The only caveat for both cases is, you would use the manual (old) framework to install and update these resources manually. A warning will also be generated because these are untested files - similar to Mac and Windows. Beyond that, we're not standing in your way of using the "old school" way - we are just not facilitating it as again, it is counterproductive to our goal of something that resembles more of a proper app store and not just a repository of "files."

30 minutes ago, bearback said:

This comment from Lindy seams to suggest you can although it can be interpreted in a few different ways

The problem with this, at this point, is that you’ll need to uninstall the current app and then install it manually. Once it is matched with marketplace, you can’t “unmatch”.  Also, once you install it manually, it can’t be matched in the future. So backup is required...

Edited by Adriano Faria
3 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

The problem with this, at this point, is that you’ll need to uninstall the current app and then install it manually. Once it is matched with marketplace, you can’t “unmatch”.  Also, once you install it manually, it can’t be matched in the future. So backup is required...

i see, thank you for the explanation.  

Edited by bearback
32 minutes ago, bearback said:

The way it is worded when you submit a file, it seems like saying to clients "oh just register at my site, i'll give you access to the forbidden update to my app" would be "promoting" my site/store, where i do offer different deals and possible discounts and what not to my apps that are also available here. 

24 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

edited

I edited this section and the quote above to remove information that could be misused to cause damage to applications installed, if the action was done improperly. 

Edited by CodingJungle

Hi,

i am thinking on buying Stratagem. 

I have some questions, as for the screenshots i can't still understand how exactly the app works:

• What is exactly the relationship with the clubs app? Can a project be created inside a club and appear as new tab in it? Or it is the other way around, i.e., you can create a club inside of a project?
  • Are there plans for an integration with MS Teams? I know it supports slack, but Teams is now the king in the field...
  • Can the sockets be implemented in my own server, or it is a remote service only?

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Error message when editing keyword tooltips.

The keywords application is working very well – except that we have just discovered this problem, when you go to an existing keyword and want to edit it, you get the message below

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\keywords\Form::customTemplate() (0)
#0 /srv/consumeractiongroup.co.uk/public/htdocs/system/Content/Controller.php(530): IPS\Content\_Controller->getEditForm()
#1 /srv/consumeractiongroup.co.uk/public/htdocs/applications/keywords/modules/front/keywords/view.php(69): IPS\Content\_Controller->edit()
#2 /srv/consumeractiongroup.co.uk/public/htdocs/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\keywords\modules\front\keywords\_view->edit()
#3 /srv/consumeractiongroup.co.uk/public/htdocs/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /srv/consumeractiongroup.co.uk/public/htdocs/applications/keywords/modules/front/keywords/view.php(45): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#5 /srv/consumeractiongroup.co.uk/public/htdocs/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\keywords\modules\front\keywords\_view->execute()
#6 /srv/consumeractiongroup.co.uk/public/htdocs/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

this means that you can create the new keyword – but you can't then go in later on and change anything or add further keywords.

On 9/26/2020 at 5:17 AM, Unlucky said:

Hi,

Do you know when the 4.5 version of Media will be ready?

Thanks

is it producing any errors? when i upgraded a few of my sites that use it and tested it on my local it didn't seem to be causing any issues.

On 9/26/2020 at 9:09 AM, xtech said:

I have some questions, as for the screenshots i can't still understand how exactly the app works:

sorry for my late reply, for some reason i did not see the email notification (got a lot that day for various things).

• What is exactly the relationship with the clubs app? Can a project be created inside a club and appear as new tab in it? Or it is the other way around, i.e., you can create a club inside of a project?
  •  

it creates a tab in the club for it:

2020-10-05_15-51.thumb.png.06a1cce3ab64d9c7b136aaca7f42386b.png

Are there plans for an integration with MS Teams? I know it supports slack, but Teams is now the king in the field...

there aren't at this time, but this might change if the demand is there for it.

• Can the sockets be implemented in my own server, or it is a remote service only?

its both, everything you need to run it yourself is made available in the ACP (the node script and the package.json for the node dependencies) or a hassle free purchasing a service subscription from my site (where my servers host the node/sockets components)

9 hours ago, BankFodder said:

Error message when editing keyword tooltips.

The keywords application is working very well – except that we have just discovered this problem, when you go to an existing keyword and want to edit it, you get the message below

this means that you can create the new keyword – but you can't then go in later on and change anything or add further keywords.

okay ill test it out

Hi,

We are using the default IPS theme and the latest version of menu manager

The mobile only menu is showing on the desktop version of the site at the top right next to the members username.

Is this a bug as we have set the settings value to Only Mobile and selected the mobile menu?

7 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

We are using the default IPS theme and the latest version of menu manager

The mobile only menu is showing on the desktop version of the site at the top right next to the members username.

Is this a bug as we have set the settings value to Only Mobile and selected the mobile menu?

2020-10-08_06-29.thumb.png.b7bddbe90023afc9dffada876adf4758.png       

if you have this setting enabled, it will only use the mobile menu (on desktop too). 

2020-10-08_13-41.thumb.png.466cd30b1ee25fa608ef4dbf8c7b6f97.png

i use it on my own site. so its not a bug, just a misunderstanding of what the setting is for :). 

22 hours ago, Tirel said:

my question you certainly did not notice, it remains to sit and guess why.

will be working on it this weekend, originally when i checked it out for 4.5 it was working fine, but i didn't take into account all the new rule changes for the market. So i will be updating the app this weekend to reflect those changes.

@CodingJungle I reinstalled Stratagem again and got a database issue:

There are some problems with your database. Normally it is safe to try to fix these problems automatically however if your community is large, you may want to run the necessary queries manually. If so, the queries to run are:

ALTER TABLE `ipb_core_groups` CHANGE COLUMN `g_stratagem_copy_projects` `g_stratagem_copy_projects` TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL 

Any idea why I would get this?
I am running the lastest code and if I uninstall Stratagem this goes away.

On 10/11/2020 at 5:15 AM, Jimi Wikman said:

@CodingJungle I reinstalled Stratagem again and got a database issue:

Any idea why I would get this?
I am running the lastest code and if I uninstall Stratagem this goes away.

are you still on IPS 4.4? if so, it is cause when i was developing the later versions of stratagem, i was using a more recent version of mysql that removed the length parameter for INT columns (the schema manager was actually throwing a lot of errors for me, so i removed them), but it causes that to show up in the support tool. i just missed that one when i put them back in for 4.4, in 4.5 this shouldn't show up. 

On 10/8/2020 at 4:16 PM, Tirel said:

my question you certainly did not notice, it remains to sit and guess why.

the 4.5 update has been released.

17 hours ago, CodingJungle said:

the 4.5 update has been released.

Thank you! we will test.
If you have time, I would discuss with you some improvements to the extension, if you agree, I will write to you in private messages?

Edited by Tirel