CodingJungle's Apps [support topic]

Downloads Plus 2.0.0 update:

okay i figured out what i was doing wrong. it doesn't seem to see "downloads" items that are purchases as "product purchases", so the code i was using from the bulkmailer wasn't working. i had to develop my own. it all appeared to be working last night, but i'm gonna give it another go today to make sure i got everything i wanted to do this release, so cross your fingers it might be out later today :) (i will do everything in my power to get it done today, as tomorrow is my birthday and i am taking a 3 day weekend).

Again excellent communication says a lot about you as a developer. The detailed effort you put into everything is much appreciated! I am guessing this mod will sell quite well as many have been looking for download improvements. I shall hope luck is on our side for today!!!! 

If, not please have a Happy Birthday and of course don't check here to support folks. We will live a few days.

Thanks again.

14 hours ago, CodingJungle said:

make that a 4 day weekend, i live only a few miles from where the total eclipses path is taking place in missouri, so i'll be doing that on monday :) 

Missouri is technically on my list of where to go see it, but more likely Nashville, KY, or Carbondale. Haven't for sure decided yet. lol.

Do you have any new public apps you're working on? I haven't checked out other people's apps in ages and I bet I would like a lot of them. Still going to finish mine, soon.

4 hours ago, Midnight Modding said:

Missouri is technically on my list of where to go see it, but more likely Nashville, KY, or Carbondale. Haven't for sure decided yet. lol.

have friends that live up in st. joe missouri, it is only about a 30 minute drive for me, but st. joe is gonna have hundreds and thousands of people there from all around the world. just glad i don't have to go to one of the public viewing areas :) 

4 hours ago, Midnight Modding said:

Do you have any new public apps you're working on? I haven't checked out other people's apps in ages and I bet I would like a lot of them. Still going to finish mine, soon.

right now the only thing i have planned coming out is downloads plus 2.0.0. there are a few things on the drawing but nothing in concrete yet. 

52 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:

have friends that live up in st. joe missouri, it is only about a 30 minute drive for me, but st. joe is gonna have hundreds and thousands of people there from all around the world. just glad i don't have to go to one of the public viewing areas :) 

right now the only thing i have planned coming out is downloads plus 2.0.0. there are a few things on the drawing but nothing in concrete yet. 

Happy Birthday!!

first question. What is the link to the individual stores (after enabled)? I can't find it and I do not know how my sellers will find it?

Edit: found it. It's visible to sellers as a button link that gets copied to clipboard.

Edited by superj707
1 hour ago, superj707 said:

first question. What is the link to the individual stores (after enabled)? I can't find it and I do not know how my sellers will find it?

Edit: found it. It's visible to sellers as a button link that gets copied to clipboard.

if you have a suggestion where else it could be or another manner it could be handled, please let me know :) to me it was an obvious way to do it, but people might disagree with that :) 

37 minutes ago, superj707 said:

Can I get rid of the changelog tab? How would I do that?

i'll add in a setting in the next patch version. 

9 minutes ago, superj707 said:

hi, I noticed this button is only available to Store Owner. It should however be available to ALL... Why not? Can increase sales.

shouldbeaviltoall.JPG

should be viewable to any one who goes to the store, i'll double check the conditional there, might've mucked up and told it to only show to author (actually i think i might've wrapped it in the code for the "store link"). 

2 minutes ago, superj707 said:

Also question about bulk email. IT will appear to come from MY site correct? there will be no way to recipient to REPLY to seller directly? (which is good)

correct, it should be like if you had sent a bulk mail from bulkmail in the ACP

This takes Downloads to another level. It isn't a "file container" anymore and turns into a real download manager with support/tracker features. You have everything on it. No need to use another resource. 

Unfortunately I don't have a real use for it since I locked down my site (today is just a tracker to my resources) otherwise I'd really use it. 

Congrats, @CodingJungle! ?

4 minutes ago, jcdesign said:

Good work here! I am close to buy this. Is there any chance with the future update to use credits instead real money, and sell credit packs with 100 and 200 and so on in the store for real money?

i have no plans to modify how payments are handled for paid downloads (as that is handled by IPS Commerce). 

On 19/08/2017 at 10:34 PM, Adriano Faria said:

By the way, I have an idea that will fit nicely on it. Started to develop it and would sell it but I can leave it with you. PM if you're interested. :thumbsup:

On 19/08/2017 at 10:37 PM, CodingJungle said:

always, i have "guides" and "roadmaps" planned, they fit in more with what i use it for. 

2 hours ago, CodingJungle said:

Visual Review Stats:

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.a10de100c35b3d10f4f8cbfc5c6419d3.png

Nice job on review avg. ?

This one can also be a good addition, if added as an option:

21 minutes ago, superj707 said:
  •  Does this update include making the view all files button visible to everyone?
  •  

yes

21 minutes ago, superj707 said:
  1. I noticed the ability to add reactions to downloads files seems to have been lost. Can it be fixed? 

i used the 4.2 template, i'll check, i hadn't noticed they had disappeared.