Jump to content

Community

CodingJungle

CodingJungle's Apps [support topic]

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, CodingJungle said:

 

sorry these notifications must've gotten lost in the sea of emails i've been getting over the last few weeks.

I did not write the app for IPB 3, this is a new app from scratch. 

this app is very simplistic, it uses cookies to track the members. if they switch browsers or flush their cookie cache, it will be less effective in tracking them. with privacy being a big thing in Europe and the states atm, there aren't a whole lot of viable options when trying to persistently track users over multiple browsers or sessions. its intent is to give you an idea if account duplication is rampant on your site or not, its not meant to be an all encompassing tool. hope that helps.

oh i should mention, to those waiting for keywords update, i've been busy and should have an update out sometime this week, hopefully before the weekend. i made more changes than i thought (hence why i changed how it built keywords) and it wasn't just a simple drop back in the old code.

Thanks for the followup - what about IPs - does it do any lookup or comparison of IPs to determine if the user is indeed unique or is actually a duplicate account? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joy Rex said:

Thanks for the followup - what about IPs - does it do any lookup or comparison of IPs to determine if the user is indeed unique or is actually a duplicate account? 

Yes, I'm also curious about this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Joy Rex said:

Thanks for the followup - what about IPs - does it do any lookup or comparison of IPs to determine if the user is indeed unique or is actually a duplicate account? 

 

8 hours ago, AtariAge said:

Yes, I'm also curious about this. 

the IP isn't the only criteria it determines on, its used more of a fallback. like if the account is in the logs, and has no alt accounts attached to it (cause they've been merged/deleted/whatever), it will see if there are other accounts associated with the IP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2019 at 6:42 PM, CodingJungle said:

sorry these notifications must've gotten lost in the sea of emails i've been getting over the last few weeks

Can you please look into issue with Keywords I have reported on the 6th of July?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently installed Duplicate Member Logger and it found the first duplicate. That's cool. However, I have no idea which two accounts are duplicates. It only tells me which new account is a duplicate. This doesn't enable me to double check or to understand which of my users is attempting to circumvent the rules. 

Question: Is there a way to find out which accounts are the duplicates / which accounts "match?"

 

2094880374_ScreenShot2019-08-05at9_48_27AM.thumb.png.a769074130746307112f212912bd57bc.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, I was helped by another member and shown where I can click Show Alts. This is cool. However, I see the duplicate user account but it says there are no Alts. How can this be?

 

411737024_ScreenShot2019-08-05at12_11_26PM.thumb.png.a4cbd519cbf2ec72da86c3538330bd58.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the same problem.


Prior versions used to show duplicate accounts. Now I pull up the user in the ACP and manually review the IP addresses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Joel R said:

I have the same problem.

 

Prior versions used to show duplicate accounts. Now I pull up the user in the ACP and manually review the IP addresses.

Tried that as well but showed no duplicates for this user’s op addresses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Joel R said:

I have the same problem.

 

Prior versions used to show duplicate accounts. Now I pull up the user in the ACP and manually review the IP addresses.

 

2 hours ago, Chris027 said:

Tried that as well but showed no duplicates for this user’s op addresses. 

i can't duplicate this issue, i have it running on 3 of my sites and the only "empty" ones are ones where the alts have been deleted/dealt with. do you two have any of the automation features enabled? could it be other moderators/admins getting there before you, and deleting/merging the accounts? the primary (the one first logged into) will stay there, even if the alts have been removed, there is an option to delete the primaries that have no alts from the dashboard for cjdml. so i guess what i'm getting at, there could be a reason why the alts don't appear on a primary, can you rule those out? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, CodingJungle said:

do you two have any of the automation features enabled?

I don't have any of the automation features enabled.

 

17 hours ago, CodingJungle said:

could it be other moderators/admins getting there before you, and deleting/merging the accounts?

Not possible on my site.

 

17 hours ago, CodingJungle said:

so i guess what i'm getting at, there could be a reason why the alts don't appear on a primary, can you rule those out?

I've ruled out everything I can think of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's now showing me a user "number" for one duplicate rather than name and it isn't clickable. None of these duplicates show Alts either. 

 

1388184967_ScreenShot2019-08-07at1_28_02PM.thumb.png.9a7a46611c321b65d7debd1d061e6832.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2019 at 1:29 PM, Chris027 said:

It's now showing me a user "number" for one duplicate rather than name and it isn't clickable. None of these duplicates show Alts either. 

 

1388184967_ScreenShot2019-08-07at1_28_02PM.thumb.png.9a7a46611c321b65d7debd1d061e6832.png

If you're seeing a number, that means the user was deleted. Did you recently delete or merge a user? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Joel R said:

If you're seeing a number, that means the user was deleted. Did you recently delete or merge a user? 

No. I never delete users or merge them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2019 at 3:01 PM, Square Wheels said:

and also the one I reported?

Thanks

Bump, again.  This is a paid app that is not working.  Would appreciate some assistance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2019 at 11:49 AM, Sonya* said:

Can you please look into issue with Keywords I have reported on the 6th of July?

Any chance you can look into it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...