CodingJungle's Apps [support topic]

On 2/25/2019 at 2:52 AM, CodingJungle said:

yes, my paid apps will have 4.4 compatible versions rolled out for them, including keywords. 

Just FYI, I'm testing the current version of Keywords with IPB 4.4.1.  So far things seem to work but I do get some theme-related errors like the following:

[[Template keywords/front/view/view is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This happens on my custom and default themes when trying to view a keyword, so keywords at present cannot be viewed (but they do appear in forums etc).

sorry guys, i haven't had much time lately. personal life things. My twin sister had an emergency surgery and was staying with her to help her out till her husband got home. I just got back to my home today (back to civilization, my sister lives in the buttcrack of the midwest, in a town that has more cows than people and i'm pretty sure the town's welcoming sign's population count was approaching negative). I should take pictures of where she lives, its insane how isolated you are, but her street looks like a suburban street, with lights, road signs, crosswalks, sidewalks, but her house is the only one there, the rest is all farmland. its pretty wild. anyway, her internet is from like 1998 and the fastest i was able to connect to at any time was about 1mbps, it took 12 minutes to load up a 4 minute 480p youtube video. so i'm back at my house, with my 1 gigabyte connection. 

give me a few days and everything should be back on schedule with the 4.4 updates. @SJ77 if you are getting PM's, it means its detecting you using an alt account. if you want admins/moderators to be excluded, in the apps settings, just select which groups to be excluded. if you want individual members to be excluded, you can go to their member's form in the ACP and go to the duplicate members tab and tell it to exclude them. if you've already done those things, let me know, i'll check to see what the problem is. 

I don't really want folks getting warnings when they are caught using duplicate accounts. It will train them on how to improve and avoid detection. Can I just make PM's /notifications go away totally for everyone? We don't need that at all on my site. Thank you 🙂

PS: sorry to hear life has been giving you the lemons. Really sorry about your sister. That's rough. You both take care and turn things around soon. Great to hear from you. LOL @ negative population. I used to live in Oklahoma. I've seen similar places.

Edited by SJ77
4 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:

in the settings for automatic action, just select "Disabled", it will log the dupe but not take any automatic action. 

It's been disabled the entire time.

also to be clear, it's not a PM it's a notification. It's driving me nuts.

new duplicate.JPG

Edited by SJ77
51 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:

oh the notifications, they can disable those in their user cp. its not sending them a PM, just a notification that a new dupe has been logged. 

nobody wants it. Can't I just turn it off for everyone somehow?

On 3/6/2019 at 12:25 AM, liquidfractal said:

Just FYI, I'm testing the current version of Keywords with IPB 4.4.1.  So far things seem to work but I do get some theme-related errors like the following:

This happens on my custom and default themes when trying to view a keyword, so keywords at present cannot be viewed (but they do appear in forums etc).

Yes, exactly the problem that I am getting as well with our 4.4 test site. I don't dare upgrade our live site from 4.3 until this gets fixed.

17 hours ago, SJ77 said:

It's been disabled the entire time.

also to be clear, it's not a PM it's a notification. It's driving me nuts.

new duplicate.JPG

Yes, we are getting exactly the same problem as well on our live site – even though it is only 4.3.6. I'm worried about upgrading to 4.4

On 3/4/2019 at 6:13 AM, Unlucky said:

Is the media working on the front end for users?

We are keep to upgrade to 4.4 due to the reported security update it includes but still waiting for confirmation if this and duplicate member logger works or not with 4.4 or requires an update.

everything is working except the record view itself. Meaning - The video list and category list work fine, it's just the individual pages for the videos that are broken.

i've released new versions to keywords and media for IPS 4.4 compatibility

9 hours ago, BankFodder said:

Yes, we are getting exactly the same problem as well on our live site – even though it is only 4.3.6. I'm worried about upgrading to 4.4

these are notifications, they can be turned off in user settings:

241732430_Annotation2019-03-07130817.thumb.jpg.29f9a3914ca48ae96b0c18a9786b1b87.jpg

only admins and moderators receive the notification. this is an IPS feature that i've used here, not something i've created up on my own. Might want to review the features and how to use the software with your moderators/staff as this seems to be a training issue. 

On 3/6/2019 at 11:19 AM, SJ77 said:

nobody wants it. Can't I just turn it off for everyone somehow?

I love them! In fact, I'm the bloody bastard that told @CodingJungle to add them in the first place.  It helps me be notified when when tricky members try to create duplicate accounts.  But it's acting as it's designed.  

If your mods won't want these notifications, then instruct them to adjust their notification settings.  

@CodingJungle might also have an SQL query that you can run.  

17 minutes ago, Joel R said:

I love them! In fact, I'm the bloody bastard that told @CodingJungle to add them in the first place.  It helps me be notified when when tricky members try to create duplicate accounts.  But it's acting as it's designed.  

If your mods won't want these notifications, then instruct them to adjust their notification settings.  

@CodingJungle might also have an SQL query that you can run.  

I am sorry, I should have been more specific. I am sure it's a fantastic feature for some. What I mean, is nobody on my site wants them. Not the members, mods nor myself

1 minute ago, SJ77 said:

I am sorry, I should have been more specific. I am sure it's a fantastic feature for some. What I mean, is nobody on my site wants them. Not the members, mods nor myself

members don't receive them, only the moderators and admins. again, they can go to account settings->notifications, scroll down and disable any type of notification they don't want to receive, this is a built in IPS feature, and a user setting, there really isn't a good way to "globally" disable it, and still allow it to work if the member wants it too, so they will have to disable receiving the notification if they don't want to receive them. i can do up a quick video on how to do this (again, this a built in IPS feature). 

1 minute ago, elonegenio said:

Just paid for and downloaded N2A and there isn't a .tar file in the ZIP.  😞  Or, if there is, I can't find it!

there is a tar inside the zip, if you are on a mac, its file archiver program has a tendency to extract the tar if there are no other files inside the zip. i guess i forgot to include the instructions.txt when i built the archive. I am not sure how to fix this on a mac tho, i use 7zip in windows and file roller in ubuntu (not much of a mac guy). 

21 hours ago, CodingJungle said:

there is a tar inside the zip, if you are on a mac, its file archiver program has a tendency to extract the tar if there are no other files inside the zip. i guess i forgot to include the instructions.txt when i built the archive. I am not sure how to fix this on a mac tho, i use 7zip in windows and file roller in ubuntu (not much of a mac guy). 

I never had an issue with this before but I'm assuming that some Mac update made the default unzip program more "useful" and now it unzips everything within a ZIP. 

I figured out a workaround for Mac users - get "The Unarchiver" from Macupdate.com (program is free but you have to register on the site) and set it up to only unzip .ZIP files.  Download your ZIP file from here but save it to disk then select it and Choose Program (The Unarchiver) to open it.  the .tar will appear on the desktop!