Jump to content

Community

CodingJungle's Apps [support topic]


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the biggest complaints about my support (other than my disappearances) has been that i chose to keep it all in one topic. I've decided to make a topic for each of the apps, and will be requesti

Do you have an app that builds computers?

only if you have an app that can do tournaments  

Posted Images

Just now, DanInMS said:

Duplicate Member Logger request:

Did a search and didn't see this but would like the ability to have the app create a thread in a specific forum so mods can see a list of the guilty user and his Alt ID. Unless I am missing something only admins can view this ?

Moderators can too, there is a section in the MODCP that they can access to view the list (it looks a bit different from the ACP one, but contains all the same information and abilities) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CodingJungle said:

I wont be upgrading any of my free resources (with the exception of dev toolbox) to 4.4, as i don't have the time to maintain them any longer, but all my paid applications will be getting a 4.4 maintenance fix, i will release them over the next week. 

I saw the EOL for Babble Self-Hosted sites.

Does the Babble Chat Service integrate with the IPS site, as it did with self-hosted app, and conform to the themes?

Will users be able to access the chat from the website or will they access it from a separate URL?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GrooveOnBeat said:

I saw the EOL for Babble Self-Hosted sites.

Does the Babble Chat Service integrate with the IPS site, as it did with self-hosted app, and conform to the themes?

Will users be able to access the chat from the website or will they access it from a separate URL?

I've been rethinking the EOL of the self hosted, i will prolly end up keeping it around, but it will prolly be in a more "raw" state than it is now (for v3), as i wont be selling any additional access to the self hosted (and the number of self hosted is considerable small, compared to what it was before the service).

the chat service version and self hosted version are identical in functionality and look. the differences are all backend, the chat service connects to chat service vs your own node.js. 

your users would more than likely not notice any differences, unless they like watching their network traffic like a hawk. 

On 2/22/2019 at 5:37 PM, Millipede said:

I guess that means Names 2 Avatars won't be updated... 😭

I don't suppose you'd maybe make it a paid app? I'd be happy to pay for it if it meant it could continue.

if i have time, i will consider keeping this one, as i've had a lot of fun making it. not sure how well received it would be turning it into a paid app from a free one (as that has usually been a bit disastrous for dev's who have)

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:

I've been rethinking the EOL of the self hosted, i will prolly end up keeping it around, but it will prolly be in a more "raw" state than it is now (for v3), as i wont be selling any additional access to the self hosted (and the number of self hosted is considerable small, compared to what it was before the service).

the chat service version and self hosted version are identical in functionality and look. the differences are all backend, the chat service connects to chat service vs your own node.js. 

your users would more than likely not notice any differences, unless they like watching their network traffic like a hawk.

Interesting!

Sometimes (more often than I prefer) the node.js stops because of a certificate update. Each time I have to manually add it into the babble script so having it managed outside would be a blessing. I imagine these updates will be faster too. Nice! 🙂

I don't upgrade my IPS every time it upgrades. Often I stay at a version until a big upgrade, like IPS 4.4. If I go on the Chat Service, will the chat still work despite not upgrading the IPS version?

Since the Chat Service is identical to the self-hosted version, the users will still access the chat on my site as they normally do?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CodingJungle said:

if i have time, i will consider keeping this one, as i've had a lot of fun making it.

It would be so super wonderful if you were able to keep it, whether free or paid. It really does make such a difference, turning the normally boring avatars into graded ones with lovely colours (that somehow seem to blend in well with my forum colours). A few of my members have also had fun with creating their own. It's a big app and it always surprised me that it was free for such an app (these days, anyway!).

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Millipede said:

It would be so super wonderful if you were able to keep it, whether free or paid. It really does make such a difference, turning the normally boring avatars into graded ones with lovely colours (that somehow seem to blend in well with my forum colours). A few of my members have also had fun with creating their own. It's a big app and it always surprised me that it was free for such an app (these days, anyway!).

I released it free as an experiment into "donationware", to see if it was a viable option for the market. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CodingJungle said:

if i have time, i will consider keeping this one, as i've had a lot of fun making it. not sure how well received it would be turning it into a paid app from a free one (as that has usually been a bit disastrous for dev's who have)

 

2 hours ago, Millipede said:

It would be so super wonderful if you were able to keep it, whether free or paid. It really does make such a difference, turning the normally boring avatars into graded ones with lovely colours (that somehow seem to blend in well with my forum colours). A few of my members have also had fun with creating their own. It's a big app and it always surprised me that it was free for such an app (these days, anyway!).

Great news... I am using and looks like my community is addicted to the Names 2 Avatars

I hope you will keep this... 

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CodingJungle said:

the current version? i am not entirely sure if the current would, one of the older versions will as i'm pretty sure i came out with it when 4.0 first came out, but those versions aren't supported any longer. 

IPB just came out with 4.4.0 less than a month ago sorry wrong version of what I said early.  I wanted to see if Keyword Tooltips 3.1.5 will be updated to work with the newest release due to some structure changes because of the update IPB did. Current it only supports Compatibility 4.3. 

Edited by ZakRhyno
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ZakRhyno said:

IPB just came out with 4.4.0 less than a month ago sorry wrong version of what I said early.  I wanted to see if Keyword Tooltips 3.1.5 will be updated to work with the newest release due to some structure changes because of the update IPB did. Current it only supports Compatibility 4.3. 

yes, my paid apps will have 4.4 compatible versions rolled out for them, including keywords. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

MEDIA application:

 

The record view page does not seem to work with 4.4, am I the only one?

Error: Undefined constant 'IPS\HTMLENTITIES' (0)
#0 /public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\cjmedia\modules\front\media\_view->manage()
#1 /public_html/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#2 /public_html/applications/cjmedia/modules/front/media/view.php(70): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#3 /public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\cjmedia\modules\front\media\_view->execute()
#4 /public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

 

Edited by GabijaCiju
Link to post
Share on other sites

With IPS 4.4 , any hope of getting Giphy and twitter style emoji support in Babble? Would be great if babble used the same editor layout that is used across the site. Twitter style Emojis on my end don't work, if I try to put the smiley faces with sunglasses (using twitter style) I get

 image.png.b37beab708774981d1c7e168c5ea8905.png

I'm forced to go back to native emojis which aren't that nice, for it to work with babble. Can you get twitter style emojis to work? They are more modern.

image.thumb.png.e5fa435f93be7172341051e1457cc3cb.png

Giphy would make chat much more entertaining.

 

EDIT: saw this /rand setting and entered my Giphy API but have no idea how it works.

image.thumb.png.d14688ca4bc325cd772cac849d220c56.png

Edited by AlexWebsites
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2019 at 8:22 PM, GabijaCiju said:

MEDIA application:

Is the media working on the front end for users?

We are keep to upgrade to 4.4 due to the reported security update it includes but still waiting for confirmation if this and duplicate member logger works or not with 4.4 or requires an update.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Rhett locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use technologies, such as cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners. See more about cookies and our Privacy Policy