CodingJungle's Apps [support topic]

on my site there are 2 main packages, one starting at $75 (its has a term of 6 months, and the subscription fee is $30 every 6 months) and then there is the one package which is $95 and then $50 once a year for the subscription. here on IPS it is $75 i believe with a $35 every six month subscription fee. 

I prefer purchases to be on my site, as the license key and renewals are all handled automatically (no delays), but if bought from here, there can be delays (as i am not always available) as it needs to be done manually. 

4 hours ago, Millipede said:

Menu Groups Manager

If one’s using two menus, and has “Remove Primary” in the settings, is there a way to add the 2nd menu to MGM's mobile menu?

in CJ menu it use to create a hamburger menu for non-primary menus, and when clicked they would open in a similar fashion, but a lot of complaints about how it was "confusing", for MGM, there is an option in group settings, to hide on mobile. if you disable it, it will show in tablet/phone view, but it will appear regularly. 

Thanks.

I’m planning on adding a 2nd menu in the header position, a bit like how IPS have their menu at the very top (in white). I was hoping that maybe there was, or could be, a way of combining this 2nd menu with the main menu for MGM’s mobile menu, same as IPS have combined 2 of their 3 menus in their mobile menu.

I’ve already tried the option to disable hiding the 2nd menu on mobiles, but it’s not what I’d like (and I seem to remember it doesn’t display that well if there are more than a couple of items).

I guess I’ll have to stick to using IPS’s menu manager purely for the mobile menu, and adding items from the 2nd menu to it, and remembering to duplicate menu items on it :smile:. I dislike their menu manager, the drop-down system in the manager is awful as well as hidden away, and it can generally be too restrictive at times... I’d have preferred to use MGM’s mobile version of the menu as it’s better, but if I can’t, I can’t :sad:

I think I’d tend to agree re having a hamburger menu on a desktop. I hate it when sites don’t have a “normal” menu on desktops and show a hamburger instead: too much unnecessary clicking around for a desktop browser. Two hamburgers on a mobile, yes, I’ve seen that elsewhere and I can see how some people might find it “confusing”, although I might not, depending on how it’s presented.

Keyword Tooltip

I’m thinking of maybe getting this app, and have a couple of questions, please.

We use a lot of 3-letter acronyms, commonly used in the subject matter of my forum, which can’t be searched for as Search can’t/won’t work for 3-letter words. How does the Keyword (index) page work? Do the A-Z tabs list by keyword or by topic title; or, can you sort by keyword? If it can list/sort by keyword, it could would mean that people could use the Keyword page to search through them for those 3-letter words/acronyms? As an example (not my subject matter), by going to the C tab, it would show topics that contain the keyword "CSS".

Can you set case sensitivity, so that it doesn't confuse an acronym with a dictionary word, such as "ON", or is that what the Keyword Alias is for? This works fine with IPS's Acronym Expansion when it's marked as case sensitive (ie, in capitals).

Keyword Tooltip

I've just noticed that you want to use a single thread to support all of your apps. I've already a separate support request for the keyword application.

I'm afraid that I can't get it to work. I've installed it and I've configured the members groups – so that the administrators have access to everything – but I'm still not seeing a keywords tab at the top of the forum as in your video.

I suppose I'm seeing something wrong – but I don't know what. I'm using your latest version of the application and I'm using a brand-new test installation of Invision.

Please can you help.

15 hours ago, BankFodder said:

Keyword Tooltip

I've just noticed that you want to use a single thread to support all of your apps. I've already a separate support request for the keyword application.

I'm afraid that I can't get it to work. I've installed it and I've configured the members groups – so that the administrators have access to everything – but I'm still not seeing a keywords tab at the top of the forum as in your video.

I suppose I'm seeing something wrong – but I don't know what. I'm using your latest version of the application and I'm using a brand-new test installation of Invision.

Please can you help.

I've replied over on my site to your issue.

23 hours ago, Millipede said:

How does the Keyword (index) page work? Do the A-Z tabs list by keyword or by topic title; or, can you sort by keyword?

when you first go to the page, it will list all of them, in order of when they were added (i'm almost certain of that, but it might be alphabetical, been awhile since i looked at the code).

when you click on any of the entities in the filter bar (letters/numbers/symbols will show in this, so if it is showing, it exists, if it doesn't show, it doesn't exists). you can sort by last update/title/start date(creation date) and most views. 

If it can list/sort by keyword, it could would mean that people could use the Keyword page to search through them for those 3-letter words/acronyms? As an example (not my subject matter), by going to the C tab, it would show topics that contain the keyword "CSS".

the system unfortunately doesn't store keywords info like this. it doesn't know where a keyword is used. 

Can you set case sensitivity, so that it doesn't confuse an acronym with a dictionary word, such as "ON", or is that what the Keyword Alias is for? This works fine with IPS's Acronym Expansion when it's marked as case sensitive (ie, in capitals).

yes keywords can be set to be sensitive or insensitive. so it would be able to tell the difference between ON and on and On. 

sounds like you are looking for a bit different system, with the ability to track where the keyword is used, maybe like an advanced tags or hashtag system of some kind. 

On 1/29/2019 at 12:31 AM, CodingJungle said:

the system unfortunately doesn't store keywords info like this. it doesn't know where a keyword is used. 

Forgive me, but I'm a little confused here... What does the Keyword page, with the A-Z tabs do? Might there be a demo somewhere for it, or might another user be willing to give a link to their forum with Keywords on it, so's I can see how that page works?

On 1/29/2019 at 12:31 AM, CodingJungle said:

sounds like you are looking for a bit different system, with the ability to track where the keyword is used, maybe like an advanced tags or hashtag system of some kind.  

Not necessarily, the Keywords app might still be useful, whether as a replacement for IPS's acronyms feature or not :smile: especially if it can show keywords on mobiles, being as IPS's acronym feature doesn't.

On 1/30/2019 at 7:14 AM, Millipede said:

Forgive me, but I'm a little confused here... What does the Keyword page, with the A-Z tabs do? Might there be a demo somewhere for it, or might another user be willing to give a link to their forum with Keywords on it, so's I can see how that page works?

Not necessarily, the Keywords app might still be useful, whether as a replacement for IPS's acronyms feature or not :smile: especially if it can show keywords on mobiles, being as IPS's acronym feature doesn't.

i would have to double check, but i'm pretty sure they will activate on mobile (they just turn themselves into clicks instead of hover, as it users the hovercard feature in IPS 4).

send me a PM, i can set you up a demo on my site this weekend to have you test it out. give you a little private area over there to play around with it. 

3 hours ago, kmk said:

Babble support clubs? 

Each clubs can have their chat room 

yes, babble supports clubs. the club rooms will only be accessible from inside the club, but the regular rooms will be accessible from there as well. 

On 2/3/2019 at 1:43 AM, Wolf said:

@CodingJungle

Upon testing, this does not work at all. The duplicates show up in IPS' built in device duplicate checker in the ACP, but not in your add-ons logs... nor is the automatic PM sent. I would like a fix or refund please.

Since it is working on a few of my private sites, I'm gonna need a bit of info from you to see what the problem is and why it is not working.

are you on IPS 4.3 or did you upgrade to the beta?

are there any error logs in System->support->system logs? or anything in your php error logs from your sever?

feel free to PM me this information, so i can take a look at it. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, CodingJungle said:

@Joel R is obvious from an alternative universe where i am working on another possible chat app, but if i was, babble isn't going any where. :wink:

Michael, how about the rocket chat (community version) support option? I didn't received your last opinion through PM