CodingJungle's Apps [support topic]

You need the “error_log” file in the root of your domain/forum. You need to access it via FTP or via cPanel's "File Manager". It's a text file but has no file type as such, you can open it with a plain text editor. This error_log shows PHP errors, but not necessarily every single one. 

The "Errors" area in cPanel is different, it shows you errors relating to URLs, eg: bad urls, often due to bots or wannabe hackers trying to find a non-existent URL, hence "File not found".

If you have shell access (which I don't), you may be able to view other error logs in apache?

Edited by Millipede
26 minutes ago, liquidfractal said:

Thanks for your help @Millipede.  But I managed to isolate the cause of my site breakage: it is a conflict between @CodingJungle's Keywords and @Martin A.'s Minimized Quote plugin, which I have had to disable.

@Square Wheels, if you have this plugin installed that might be the cause for you as well.

what was the issue? @Martin A. is in a slack channel i troll, i can get with him to figure out  a solution. 

4 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:

what was the issue? @Martin A. is in a slack channel i troll, i can get with him to figure out  a solution. 

Dude, that would be awesome!  The issue was: when I had Minimized Quotes enabled, it worked fine.  I updated Keywords, then everything goes out.  As in blank screen, no source code whatsoever on the page.  I disable Keywords, everything returns to normal.

I went through each app and plugin to isolate the problem, and it was MQ.  I disable MQ, enable Keywords, and I have my site and all my Keywords back.  I went through the rest of my plugins to see if anything else was causing trouble, but it was only MQ which conflicted with Keywords.

So...no PHP or Apache errors, no nuthin' - just a blank, empty screen when both are enabled.

Thanks!

Edited by liquidfractal
9 hours ago, liquidfractal said:

The issue was: when I had Minimized Quotes enabled, it worked fine.  I updated Keywords, then everything goes out.  As in blank screen, no source code whatsoever on the page.  I disable Keywords, everything returns to normal.

Same exact issue here.

@CodingJungle, I sent you a PM with my error log.

10 hours ago, Millipede said:

You need the “error_log” file in the root of your domain/forum. You need to access it via FTP or via cPanel's "File Manager". It's a text file but has no file type as such, you can open it with a plain text editor. This error_log shows PHP errors, but not necessarily every single one. 

The "Errors" area in cPanel is different, it shows you errors relating to URLs, eg: bad urls, often due to bots or wannabe hackers trying to find a non-existent URL, hence "File not found".

If you have shell access (which I don't), you may be able to view other error logs in apache?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, AlexWebsites said:

Probably a good idea to have some sort of notice when the subscription has expired because it’s one of those things you don’t look at until you need to upgrade. Similar to how IPS has a message for when their license expires.

they send out under donotreply@codingjungle.com i have checked, and i do show them being sent out for over the last year to other clients (not just for the chat service), they are probably getting filtered out by spam services, so might be a good idea to add donotreply@codingjungle.com to the spam white list. 

21 hours ago, CodingJungle said:

they send out under donotreply@codingjungle.com i have checked, and i do show them being sent out for over the last year to other clients (not just for the chat service), they are probably getting filtered out by spam services, so might be a good idea to add donotreply@codingjungle.com to the spam white list. 

The email about renewal was sent out after the service was shut down for my site - 30th november is the only mail I got I can see it now. It is so frustrating when members start messaging me when I'm travelling and have only a mobile and try to fix stuff.. but thats all history and all is OK now.

Some other sites uses Billing agreement - is that a way to go? I got this one today..

image.thumb.png.bd298ceb6fb7a8c92434e2169b111fcc.png

• 1 month later...

@CodingJungle I wanted to pop in and say GREAT JOB on fixing the duplicate members app.  It's working better than ever, I can not thank you enough.  I came over to update my review on the file listing and it's not letting me.  Need to upgrade to 5 stars.

EDIT: I sent a report in to IPB about not being able to edit my old review and they fixed it.  5 stars well deserved!

Edited by Circo
On 1/6/2019 at 9:02 PM, Circo said:

I wanted to pop in and say GREAT JOB on fixing the duplicate members app.  It's working better than ever, I can not thank you enough.  I came over to update my review on the file listing and it's not letting me.  Need to upgrade to 5 stars.

So is the automatic banning for duplicate accounts working now as well?

For CJ Duplicate Logger, would you consider incorporating the already built-into IPS device check on members? I have a lot of users who have been IP banned (thanks to this app) who are coming back with a different IP, but on the same device. IPS ALREADY logs if a device has been used by more than one member:

spacer.png 

spacer.png

It's cheap to get a new IP, but it's not cheap to get a new device. A device check would make this application utterly complete. Please consider.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, Gilly said:

For CJ Duplicate Logger, would you consider incorporating the already built-into IPS device check on members? I have a lot of users who have been IP banned (thanks to this app) who are coming back with a different IP, but on the same device. IPS ALREADY logs if a device has been used by more than one member:

spacer.png 

spacer.png

It's cheap to get a new IP, but it's not cheap to get a new device. A device check would make this application utterly complete. Please consider.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Joel R said:

I support the suggestion by @Gilly.  Its probably a more accurate method than IP address too

actually guys, they use a very similar method to what i do to track duplicate members. 

here is my laptop both logged into my localhost, one on the left is chrome ,the one on the right is firefox. the "device key" is a random string they generate to identify the "device" (which should really be changed to browser lol)

device.thumb.jpg.c9dc8e621fe56f17b30ce6afe462478f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, CodingJungle said:

yes, the chat service version was specifically created so users could use it on the communities in the cloud. 

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Will our users stay on on our forum or they will have to click and go to the other site?

Just now, CodingJungle said:

it's fully integrated into your site, there are no redirects to any of my servers. my servers are only there to facilitate the transfer of messages. 

What will be the price for the purchase of product and its installation on our site?