Jump to content

Community

CodingJungle's Apps [support topic]


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you have an app that builds computers?

One of the biggest complaints about my support (other than my disappearances) has been that i chose to keep it all in one topic. I've decided to make a topic for each of the apps, and will be requesti

only if you have an app that can do tournaments  

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Adam_S said:

Hi @CodingJungle,

 

With my installation of "Media", when i view an uploaded audio file, its showing with an X in the middle and no play button. 

106010453_2018-05-0910_46_57-Ozclubbers-BeyondDanceMusic.thumb.png.7461ef17c2c55e5ae12d28bd8c193096.png

Any ideas what might be going on?

Thanks

 

it only supports the playback to a very small format and codec. usually mp4's are good, but sometimes they use oddball codecs that it doesn't support. give me a bit, i don't remember off the top of my head which codecs/formats it fully supports.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2018 at 5:56 AM, CodingJungle said:

it only supports the playback to a very small format and codec. usually mp4's are good, but sometimes they use oddball codecs that it doesn't support. give me a bit, i don't remember off the top of my head which codecs/formats it fully supports.

Ok.  Just FYI, this was an mp3

Edited by Adam_S
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Aerosoft said:

Will Download plus be able to import an existing collection of download files? We now have about 5000 and I would hate to have to re-insert them.

it actually doesn't import anything, it adds enhancements and features to downloads, so whatever features you wish to enable/disable in it, they will turn on or off, for new or existing downloads. so you will not have to re-insert anything ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2018 at 5:56 AM, CodingJungle said:

it only supports the playback to a very small format and codec. usually mp4's are good, but sometimes they use oddball codecs that it doesn't support. give me a bit, i don't remember off the top of my head which codecs/formats it fully supports.

Hi @CodingJungle,

I thought i'd loop back around and see if you had integrated the mp3 codec into it yet?

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am considering purchasing Keywords Tooltips for my site but have a few questions/suggestions:

  1. If I want to use Keywords to define concepts or terms, would it be possible to set a truncate value in lines, chars. etc. for the hovercard?  In other words, to have the hovercard for the concept/term display X amount of lines/chars. with a "Read More" button which would then (like the linked word itself) link to the full-page keyword definition?
  2. I have the full Rules app; can you tell me something about the trigger events for Keywords?

The truncation function, if it exists or could be implemented, would go some way toward me committing to this app.  Thanks!

Edited by liquidfractal
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2018 at 10:46 AM, TeNate said:

I installed DLP 2.2.2 on my 4.3 board and I keep getting an error when I try going into the Modcp, any ideas?

 

 

ds error.PNG

I'm not able to reproduce this, is there any new info you can provide for this? feel free to send me a PM if it contains sensitive info (like paths on your server). 

On 5/31/2018 at 8:11 PM, Adam_S said:

Hi @CodingJungle,

I thought i'd loop back around and see if you had integrated the mp3 codec into it yet?

Thanks

media has the ability to play audio files. the codec depends on what the machine has installed.

8 hours ago, liquidfractal said:

If I want to use Keywords to define concepts or terms, would it be possible to set a truncate value in lines, chars. etc. for the hovercard?  In other words, to have the hovercard for the concept/term display X amount of lines/chars. with a "Read More" button which would then (like the linked word itself) link to the full-page keyword definition?

no it doesn't have this option atm, but it is a good idea. I'm currently working on the babble version 3 and finishing up a few custom apps, so i wont have time this week (possibly next week) to explore adding in any feature to keywords atm.

8 hours ago, liquidfractal said:
  1. I have the full Rules app; can you tell me something about the trigger events for Keywords?

 

off the top of my head, it is triggered by the creation of KW and i think like x amount of times its hovercard is accessed (so it stats are enabled). i can double check to see what exactly i integrated in from that application (been a long while since i did it). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @CodingJungle - the truncation would definitely be a great idea!  I also think offhand that the ability to specify apps in which Keywords are not used may be useful.  For example, I'm not sure I'd want keywords showing up in PMs, but would want them everywhere else.  You get the idea.

3 hours ago, CodingJungle said:

off the top of my head, it is triggered by the creation of KW and i think like x amount of times its hovercard is accessed (so it stats are enabled). i can double check to see what exactly i integrated in from that application (been a long while since i did it).  

If you could give me some more info. on this when you have the time it would be much appreciated.  Just want to know as much as possible before committing. :smile:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I also wonder if it might be possible to include a "first occurrence only" function which only highlights the first occurrence of a word in an article or forums entry?  While I see KW as really really useful, if you're discussing a concept or term there might be times when it's annoying to see the same word highlighted throughout an article.

I'm just thinking out loud here, but what if there were a function similar to Mentioning someone with the at-sign where you could mark any individual occurrence of word X in a forums post or article or blog post as a KW (e.g., with "%" or something)?  If you wanted to you could obviously revert to having every instance marked, but this would give the writer more control over how their material is presented.  Just a thought :smile:.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2018 at 2:57 PM, liquidfractal said:

I also wonder if it might be possible to include a "first occurrence only" function which only highlights the first occurrence of a word in an article or forums entry?  While I see KW as really really useful, if you're discussing a concept or term there might be times when it's annoying to see the same word highlighted throughout an article.

this is actually a feature on the drawing board.

On 6/6/2018 at 2:57 PM, liquidfractal said:

I'm just thinking out loud here, but what if there were a function similar to Mentioning someone with the at-sign where you could mark any individual occurrence of word X in a forums post or article or blog post as a KW (e.g., with "%" or something)?  If you wanted to you could obviously revert to having every instance marked, but this would give the writer more control over how their material is presented.  Just a thought :smile:.

I like the idea, but the problem is gonna be as you can have settings for who can see kw and what not, so they are built on the fly as the page loads, so the kw it is using is always up to date. i wont make any promises, but maybe i'll add in a "wiki" mode or something for it, to use it in that fashion.

On 6/6/2018 at 8:22 PM, Joel R said:

Running CJ DML on IPS 4.3.3

congrats? ?

7 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Hi can you check messages re new activation for babble is not working

thanks

replied

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, CodingJungle said:

this is actually a feature on the drawing board.

Awesome...you are gradually convincing me to invest in this app ?

21 hours ago, CodingJungle said:

I like the idea, but the problem is gonna be as you can have settings for who can see kw and what not, so they are built on the fly as the page loads, so the kw it is using is always up to date. i wont make any promises, but maybe i'll add in a "wiki" mode or something for it, to use it in that fashion. 

So I'm getting that this might add overhead to page load time or something?  At any rate, it's great that the "First Mention" thing is in the works.  Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I just purchased Keywords/Tooltips.  I'm running it under IPS 4.3 and there appear to be a couple of outstanding issues:

  1. Changing the Tooltip default width seems to have no effect (if it's supposed to control the width of the pop-up hovercard, as "Hovercard Settings" suggests).  I changed it to 1400, so it there was a change I'd have seen it.
  2. For the life of me I can't get the alphabetical keyword filter to appear at the top of the Keywords screen.  I have the Disable Filters button turned OFF.  Am I missing something?

Apart from that, it would be good to mention in the instructions that "Keywords" is included in the Menu Manager and that one can just select it like other apps to include the link to the Keywords page in your menu.  Other apps do this automatically, but if Keywords isn't going to do this it's helpful to tell people right off the bat so that they aren't wondering how to access the Keywords page (it took me about 60 sec to figure out, but others might ask questions so this could save some grief).

Moreover, a bit of information about what happens if one chooses to de/select "skip adding nofollow noopener noreferrer on URL keywords" would helpful for people who may not know this offhand.

Otherwise, enjoying the first impressions of this app and hoping my issues can be resolved. :smile:

EDIT: the default width issue seems to have sorted itself out (maybe it was a cache issue).  Moreover, the alphabetical keyword filter appears once you've entered keywords across more than one beginning letter (docs? :wink:)

Edited by liquidfractal
Link to post
Share on other sites

One more issue and a suggestion (running on 4.3):

1. A minor issue: the editing author name is missing from the keyword view/edit page:

keywords.jpg.e20bde0bb24c068b6c8938394ae84123.jpg

2. Do you have plans for a more granular approach to keywords?  For example, if one wants only hovercards for forums, but for longer articles the option for larger hovercards and/or links?  I see this as a really, really promising app and if this were possible it would take it to a whole new level! :cool:

3. Might it be possible to include a way of clearing stats so that testing isn't incorporated into the statistics?

Edited by liquidfractal
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, but once I get going I get going ?

About URL Keywords:

I think that instead of providing just a link to the external page definition it would be better to incorporate the entire definition (including URL) into a hovercard, because otherwise, except for the opportunity to include variants (aliases) it's really almost just like any other link, right?  IMHO you should take advantage of the cool hovercard interface to include both the URL and any other short descriptive text the author wants to include.  It would also alert the user that an alias links back to the core keyword term if they aren't clearly related to each other, since the link might not be self-evident to the user.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I can see from your profle page you have been logging in but you haven't responded to my messages

Please can you resolve the reported issue as we have already lost a portion of the renewal fee through the chatroom not working

Thank you in advance

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2018 at 3:05 AM, liquidfractal said:

Other apps do this automatically, but if Keywords isn't going to do this it's helpful to tell people right off the bat so that they aren't wondering how to access the Keywords page (it took me about 60 sec to figure out, but others might ask questions so this could save some grief).

keywords was created before this feature was implemented in IPS and i just never got around to adding it, i've have had people complain i have apps that do add to the menu that they didn't want it too automatically, so its a loose loose situation either route I go ?

On 6/10/2018 at 3:05 AM, liquidfractal said:

Moreover, a bit of information about what happens if one chooses to de/select "skip adding nofollow noopener noreferrer on URL keywords" would helpful for people who may not know this offhand.

 

Most who will be interested in SEO will know what that is (as it was added by request awhile back, as they all use to be nofollow ? ), but when i've put it on the list of "todos" for the next version.

On 6/10/2018 at 3:05 AM, liquidfractal said:

EDIT: the default width issue seems to have sorted itself out (maybe it was a cache issue).  Moreover, the alphabetical keyword filter appears once you've entered keywords across more than one beginning letter (docs? :wink:)

it more than likely was a caching problem (as it is ips hovercard code i'm using ?).

yes it will only appear if there are x amount available, one of the original complaints was it was always there, and it had shortcuts that had no kw, so i altered it to only display if it had kw. it also gives the flexibility to other languages that use a different alphabet, so i don't have to figure out the a to zed of every written language of the world programatically, its handled for me by the generated content. 

19 hours ago, liquidfractal said:

1. A minor issue: the editing author name is missing from the keyword view/edit page:

 

make sure the user group that has "can change author" enabled in ACP->members->group-><your group>

19 hours ago, liquidfractal said:

2. Do you have plans for a more granular approach to keywords?  For example, if one wants only hovercards for forums, but for longer articles the option for larger hovercards and/or links?  I see this as a really, really promising app and if this were possible it would take it to a whole new level! :cool:

 

could you elaborate a bit more on this? 

19 hours ago, liquidfractal said:

 3. Might it be possible to include a way of clearing stats so that testing isn't incorporated into the statistics?

there use to be a way to alter them, but the beta testers at the time complained about "cheating" lol, but i can add it back in on the next version, the people you give the power to just have to be more trustworthy i suppose than who my beta testers gave it to ?

18 hours ago, liquidfractal said:

I think that instead of providing just a link to the external page definition it would be better to incorporate the entire definition (including URL) into a hovercard, because otherwise, except for the opportunity to include variants (aliases) it's really almost just like any other link, right?  IMHO you should take advantage of the cool hovercard interface to include both the URL and any other short descriptive text the author wants to include.  It would also alert the user that an alias links back to the core keyword term if they aren't clearly related to each other, since the link might not be self-evident to the user.

in the settings, for keywords behavior, select "both", it will function like this. if they hover over it, it will show the hover card, if they click on it, it will take them to the definition. 

 

2 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

I can see from your profle page you have been logging in but you haven't responded to my messages

Please can you resolve the reported issue as we have already lost a portion of the renewal fee through the chatroom not working

Thank you in advance

I am not ignoring you, it was the weekend and it was a busy one. I have  queue system everyone gets placed into, and i get to the issue when i get to it. if i had to take a guess, it would be later tonight for yours. i had filed a ticket (which is actually related to the activation problem that you are experiencing, as i use the nexus license activation with the IPS Request class).

I'd be more than happy to compensate your account with credit for your next renewal for the lost time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:

keywords was created before this feature was implemented in IPS and i just never got around to adding it, i've have had people complain i have apps that do add to the menu that they didn't want it too automatically, so its a loose loose situation either route I go ?

Yeah, I guess so! :laugh:

26 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:

Most who will be interested in SEO will know what that is (as it was added by request awhile back, as they all use to be nofollow ? ), but when i've put it on the list of "todos" for the next version.

I was just thinking of a line of descriptive text below the option - something to provide some on-the-fly info. for those of us who might be interested in SEO but don't work regularly with the terms.

 

30 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:
21 hours ago, liquidfractal said:

1. A minor issue: the editing author name is missing from the keyword view/edit page:

 

make sure the user group that has "can change author" enabled in ACP->members->group-><your group>

Double checked, and "can change author" is enabled (I'm using the Admin group so I know everything is enabled).  I just edited a keyword this moment and saved, but I still get the blank after "by."

 

33 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:
21 hours ago, liquidfractal said:

2. Do you have plans for a more granular approach to keywords?  For example, if one wants only hovercards for forums, but for longer articles the option for larger hovercards and/or links?  I see this as a really, really promising app and if this were possible it would take it to a whole new level! :cool:

 

could you elaborate a bit more on this? 

Well, if I'm writing something relatively short for forums, then in some cases just a hovercard with information would suffice.  But if I'm writing a longer article where I might want to include more information in the hovercards, I might want to alter the width of the hovercard for articles to better format the information.  But maybe I'm just splitting hairs on this one.

With this in mind, thinking out loud it seems to me that maybe having the ability to change hovercard width for different apps (e.g. somewhat larger size for articles vs. forums or blog posts) may be useful. And/or, the ability to offer a "short" definition (2-3 sentences max) and a longer definition the user can click through to?  The short definition always shows up on the hovercard, but the user has the option to choose to read the longer one.  Maybe some of these ideas are selfish though, as I'm an arts/humanities guy who is using these to define rhetorical terms and other abstract concepts.

43 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:

there use to be a way to alter them, but the beta testers at the time complained about "cheating" lol, but i can add it back in on the next version, the people you give the power to just have to be more trustworthy i suppose than who my beta testers gave it to ?

Well, for my part I'd like to tie the stats into Rules, where if certain keywords reach X amount of hits (aliases or otherwise) then I get an email notifying me of popular keywords.  So ideally I'd like to reset them once they're in place and start from scratch.

1 hour ago, CodingJungle said:

in the settings, for keywords behavior, select "both", it will function like this. if they hover over it, it will show the hover card, if they click on it, it will take them to the definition. 

I think I was talking about URL definitions here, where there's no hovercard - just a link to the URL or page with more information.

1 hour ago, CodingJungle said:

yes it will only appear if there are x amount available, one of the original complaints was it was always there, and it had shortcuts that had no kw, so i altered it to only display if it had kw. it also gives the flexibility to other languages that use a different alphabet, so i don't have to figure out the a to zed of every written language of the world programatically, its handled for me by the generated content. 

very good point!  Hadn't thought of that. ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2018 at 10:00 PM, CodingJungle said:

i had filed a ticket (which is actually related to the activation problem that you are experiencing, as i use the nexus license activation with the IPS Request class).

Hi,

I know you're waiting on a reply to a invision ticket about the nexus activation but can you check why your overide hook is not working either if possible please

thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

You have a bug in your CJ Duplicate Logger application, the Mod CP will fail to load and produce an HTTP 500 error when CJ Duplicate Logger is loaded.  When I unload it, I can access my Mod CP again.

Edited by vexcode
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Rhett locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use technologies, such as cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners. See more about cookies and our Privacy Policy