CodingJungle's Apps [support topic]

On 9/19/2017 at 9:22 PM, CodingJungle said:

I'll go over it again, to see if i can find any possible reason why, as i mentioned before i had 27 users connected to it over a course of 3 or 4 hours and was not able to reproduce. (i used the chat service for this, i'll do it locally this time).

If the version you host will sort out all of our user problems and complaints can you pm me a deal about swapping from my self hostage package over to your hosted one please.

8 hours ago, Unlucky said:

If the version you host will sort out all of our user problems and complaints can you pm me a deal about swapping from my self hostage package over to your hosted one please.

kjell is on the chat service and reports some issues with the online list. if you'd like to try it, i can set you up with a trial of it and you could see if it fixes it or is the same. that way i might have a better idea of how to approach the issue, as ruling out the node app server would limit the issue to a few things instead of an almost limitless list of things. if you are interested in this shoot me a PM,  so this way you aren't under any obligation for a service subscription till you can decide which one you'd like to continue with and then we can go from there (and if it turns out the issues are resolved, and kjell is experiencing a different type, then i'm sure we can come to a deal on the chat service that suits both of us).

19 hours ago, superj707 said:

confirmed! Review is not working in downloads plus. Clicking the button simply scrolls to top of page but won't allow review to be made. Can you help?

i can't reproduce this on my local or my live site using dplus, so if you could send me in a PM a link to your site and an account i can use to test with. i'll try to debug to see what could be causing it.

8 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:

i can't reproduce this on my local or my live site using dplus, so if you could send me in a PM a link to your site and an account i can use to test with. i'll try to debug to see what could be causing it.

weird, maybe I have some conflicting Javascript or something. I will give a link but first let me try and turn off other mods 1 at a time as to not waste your time if it's something else.

On 2017-09-23 at 1:24 AM, superj707 said:

weird, maybe I have some conflicting Javascript or something. I will give a link but first let me try and turn off other mods 1 at a time as to not waste your time if it's something else.

It’s working on my site. Using 2.1.0, so maybe it’s a new version problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Babble: Real Time Chat 2.6.0

@CodingJungle

The new version 2.6.0 is running fine but when I click on pop-out button, it pops out but shows the background image of the theme (Magnum) behind the chat and it hides the view of some messages. Also, there is no settings that I could find to disable the background image in babble (except I have to disable the background image from theme's settings to remove it from the babble too). Perhaps, the babble pop-out page pulls the header from the default theme which is causing this issue.

How to fix that?

8 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

You can't hide the babble chat tab from guests

I have selected in the menu system to show it to everyone BUT guests

However the chat tab is still present in the menu

This applies to both the IPS default menu and CJ Menu (as long as the menu item is type application and linked to babble and the permissions are set to use the apps permissions), go to System->Application, find babble in the list there, and click on the little arrow besides the babbles name, it will populate with another row called "Babble" and click on the lock icon, and you will be able to set the permissions there.

if you use cj menu and use the attach category feature for babble, the menu will follow the rooms permissions, but the parent item will use the module permissions. 

Hi,

I installed the new version of babble and my site went completely blank - just a white page

I reinstalled the previous version and the site is now back online and working.

Also the european chat server stopped working earlier so I swapped to the american one for the moment so users can use the rooms

Edited by Unlucky

Can't get in the american node run room now

so neither room is working

All I am getting is - You've been disconnected from Babble, please refresh and try again!

I Keep refreshing and can't get in and have other members reporting the same issue

Edited by Unlucky

if you are running 2.6.1, it might not fully work with the changes done to the babble script. 

as for this problem you had with the upgrading, was there any errors or just a white page? can you check your servers error log and see if there are any in system->support->system logs. i haven't seen this yet and i upgrade about 5 sites last night to 2.6.2

4 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

I have screaming people and have no idea what to do

I am going to pm you ACP access so you can check as you know what you are looking for

I've sent you a PM that contains 2.6.2.1, that should fix the white screen issue that 2.6.2 can cause on certain servers. this should also correct any connection issues being caused to the service. 

• 2 weeks later...