CodingJungle's Apps [support topic]

12 hours ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

The menucount does only show for people inside the chat - not for people not in the chat. Thats how it is on my sites - that both have the chatservice..

Thanks for this info. Now I have ArrowChat. There is no menucount too and this is the most unlikely feature for my users.

latest other problem reported...

" We can now post but it is still not right, many occupants not showing on the list so difficult to strike up a conversation. "

Hi,

By the time I posted last problem we have another...

"further to my telling you about the issues with chat room not showing who is in it has now got worse ppl are being kicked out ait seems when someone enters the the mainly it did work or a bit this morning but is back to how it was again now"

9 hours ago, Unlucky said:

just had a report in that sound is not working now - any ideas

make sure the urls on the sound tab in configuration are correct, and they have them enabled in their settings.

9 hours ago, Unlucky said:

got the new version of  babble installed

2.4.0 is the latest version? i haven't released the next one yet. 

3 hours ago, Unlucky said:

" We can now post but it is still not right, many occupants not showing on the list so difficult to strike up a conversation. "

after about 3 hours with the assistance of two laptops, my desktop, 3 fire tablets, a ipad and my phone, i am able to reproduce the issue reliably now with just my laptop and desktop. i'm working to see how to fix it, as it is a race condition in the code (there is still a mobile device hangup, but one step at at time).  

alright i think i fixed the online list. i'm gonna test it out some more and try to get a new version tomorrow.  same with the chat service version, which will have the fixes in it that the self hosted will have. 

On 8/31/2017 at 2:32 PM, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

The menucount does only show for people inside the chat - not for people not in the chat. Thats how it is on my sites - that both have the chatservice..

20 hours ago, Claudia999 said:

Thanks for this info. Now I have ArrowChat. There is no menucount too and this is the most unlikely feature for my users.

this will be fixed in the next version. 

Hi,

Latest member issue reported this lunchtime

"further to my telling you about the issues with chat room not showing who is in it has now got worse ppl are being kicked out ait seems when someone enters the the mainly it did work or a bit this morning but is back to how it was again now and getting worse no sound now "

I am interested in keyword tooltips. I have few questions:

1. Is it easy to change the styling from link to something similar to the way IPS does it, like for example when you type ACP ? I find the link a bit obtrusive. 

2. Can the keywords tooltips be pulled from pages records or even do external api calls? I guess the first one can be achieved with Automatic Rules, but it would be great if the tooltip has the flexibility to do everything. 

3. Are the keyword tooltips applied when the topic is published or they are also retroactively applied to all posts containing the keywords? I will have to refresh the tooltip data frequently (linked to the previous question I asked), which probably means deleting and recreating the tooltips on each day (with the help of automation rules). 

4 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

Latest member issue reported this lunchtime

"further to my telling you about the issues with chat room not showing who is in it has now got worse ppl are being kicked out ait seems when someone enters the the mainly it did work or a bit this morning but is back to how it was again now and getting worse no sound now "

the sounds are working for me if they are enabled, i can't reproduce that issue at all. i am releasing 2.4.2 where i have loosened up the timings a bit on the babble.js

4 hours ago, jair101 said:

1. Is it easy to change the styling from link to something similar to the way IPS does it, like for example when you type ACP ? I find the link a bit obtrusive. 

there are two css classes that get applied to the keywords they are "keyword" and "keywordurl" that you can style in your customs.css to make them appear any way you like.

2. Can the keywords tooltips be pulled from pages records or even do external api calls? I guess the first one can be achieved with Automatic Rules, but it would be great if the tooltip has the flexibility to do everything. 

at this time you can't use external API's, but you can link to IPS Page Databases (as you can create a URL keyword and provide the link to the record). 

3. Are the keyword tooltips applied when the topic is published or they are also retroactively applied to all posts containing the keywords? I will have to refresh the tooltip data frequently (linked to the previous question I asked), which probably means deleting and recreating the tooltips on each day (with the help of automation rules). 

they are done at display runtime,  so they always appear "up to date". 

9 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:

at this time you can't use external API's, but you can link to IPS Page Databases (as you can create a URL keyword and provide the link to the record). 

My question was more like if it is possible to parse pages records or blocks in the tooltip. I.e., if I can use template tags in the tooltip or it is only editor and some pure html?

2 minutes ago, jair101 said:

My question was more like if it is possible to parse pages records or blocks in the tooltip. I.e., if I can use template tags in the tooltip or it is only editor and some pure html?

it is a codemirror editor (as a lot of request when i first came out with it was to allow full html useage, and the cke editor doesn't allow that). it doesn't do template logic at this time, but i might consider adding it in a future version, as it is n't "hard" to do, and i do something similar already in my CJ Menu application, so i could probably scarf the code from it. 

so to answer your question, it can do bbc, some editor stuff and raw html and of course plain text :) 

3 hours ago, Zen Geek said:

Using the latest 2.4.1 babble version.

We are unable to switch rooms. I can click on another room, but it takes me back to the default room.

yeah noticed this last night when working on the chat service update, i will be releasing 2.4.3 later today after a little more testing (having a labor day bbq, so things are going a bit hectic around the house atm). 

1 minute ago, CodingJungle said:

yeah noticed this last night when working on the chat service update, i will be releasing 2.4.3 later today after a little more testing (having a labor day bbq, so things are going a bit hectic around the house atm). 

No problem, enjoy the holiday! Thank you

Eagerly awaiting the next downloads plus.  Looking forward to the banner option in the personal store. Also, wondering if we can have an option to make "other files from submitter" random instead of by date? That way we can see different files all the time if submitter has many files.  really enjoying all of your work. Thank you

5 hours ago, superj707 said:

Also, wondering if we can have an option to make "other files from submitter" random instead of by date? That way we can see different files all the time if submitter has many files.  really enjoying all of your work. Thank you

this option is already there. go to ACP->Community->Downloads->Settings, click on the "Downloads Plus" Tab, and scroll below the "Status" stuff, you should see "Author Files" Header, and with the two options for author files, if random is enabled it will go by random, if disabled it will do by date. you can also set how many to display. i should remind you "random" can be a bit "costly" on the db query if there are a lot of files. so if you are having slow queries, its more than likely it. if it becomes an issue, i'll setup a "cache" for it and have it refresh every 10 minutes or so.

5 hours ago, superj707 said:

Eagerly awaiting the next downloads plus.  Looking forward to the banner option in the personal store.

other apps took precedent last week and this week (babble mainly), this weekend it will probably be duplicate member app, its been neglected. if it was a kid and i was its father, it would be in a state home for how badly i've neglected it. so hopefully next week i can turn my attention back to downloads plus, get questions redone and finish up guides and roadmaps and add in a few other features i've been thinking about (like a full listing of support reports for any of the files i have, as it is tedious going between files lol).