CodingJungle's Apps [support topic]

25 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:

ran out of steam about 11pm last night, and been at work all day today :) still got a few more hours of this grind, then when i get home i'll try to finish it off tonight :) 

blame n2a for the delay, i spent 3 times as long as i wanted to on it, fighting with it :) 

Thank for the update. Really appreciate your efforts! :D

Looking forward to this. I know you always do good work. so it's worth the wait.

Edited by superj707

Since installing the latest version of the self hosted babble update our chatroom has stopped working

We are getting - Babble cannot connect to node server please contact administrator

We have got server support to restart our node server and still same error

server support also confirm our Node settings entries are all correct.

I am going to pm you a screenshot of showing the node server is running ok as it contains sensitive server info

3 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Since installing the latest version of the self hosted babble update our chatroom has stopped working

We are getting - Babble cannot connect to node server please contact administrator

We have got server support to restart our node server and still same error

server support also confirm our Node settings entries are all correct.

I am going to pm you a screenshot of showing the node server is running ok as it contains sensitive server info

hello

2.4.0 node app for babble has changed a decent amount from the previous version. in the changelog for 2.4.0 it mentions about following the new install guide to get the latest version running again:

Please read, there have been major changes to the core of babble for 2.4.0. you will need to follow the new install guide:

https://codingjungle.com/tutorials/babble/babble-self-hosted-install-guide-24-r31/

to get babble 2.4.0 working.

• 4.2 compatibility and added in clubs
  • improved online list (hopefully solving the ghosting problem)
  • Removed the sources/Node folder. babble.js and package.js will be available in your node settings in the acp for download.
  • remove the emoji one library. it was large and served no real purpose.
  • no longer directly support nginx and apache proxy/reverse proxy.
  • removed SSL tab in configuration. lead to too much confusion when setting things up.
  • no longer compatible with 4.1

i would imagine you are getting the not connected error due to it running the old babble node app, since you didn't mention following the new guide or anything.

30 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

I will get them to double check the guide tho to make sure

I am trying to streamline the install of the self hosted version (to make it easier, so i am trying to put as much as possible in the acp and have it generate a new babble.js after the node settings tab has been changed). I am also trying to make the install smaller, as it was getting quite big and including the node modules along with emoji one, removing those things the install tar of babble went from almost 8 megabytes to 1.5 megabytes. hopefully i will not have to change the babble.js again till 3.0 (as this recent change was to try to solve the online list ghosting problem). 

an update for dplus 2.0.0

it seems i have a bug in trying to get the bulk mailer option to work. I can configure one from the download, see it in the ACP, view it, see who it is being sent to, etc. but when i push it to the actual queue, the queue appears, runs, but it doesn't actual send anything out. I will need to configure my dev board to debug emails, and give it a go there, to see what is going on. 

That's how it goes. Always a roadblock. I do really appreciate the update as I am very excited (like on the edge of my seat). You have no idea how long I have been begging for some of this stuff. I must check this thread like 30 times a day LOL

Good luck, thanks for all the hard work.