Reactions should be optimized for developers

Cyboman

I know, reactions work the way they do and I could always revert back to the regular like function, but our community developers require more finetuning options for reactions. It should be possible for developers (f.e. in "automation rules") to address specific reactions. Reactions are great, but since their introduction and implementation, there are a lot of problems with coding special behaviors if a specific reaction is given or received. Reactions could have so much capabilities and potential. Even if IPS decides not to integrate more functions into them, please give our developers the opportunity and chance to code the hell out of them :lol: Thanks.

• 1 month later...
48 minutes ago, DSystem said:

After the reactions were implemented I had to make adaptations in the nucleus to keep the gamification of the forum working.

I'm very curious: what kind of gamification have you been implementing/coding into the core?

Wouldn't this be a chance for you to code a special plugin for the community if you already developed it for you?

Currently it's so sad that we are not allowed to do more with them. Reactions have a very high potential, this has already been discussed in several threads (reactions +2 and a lot others).

Have a look at this post:

Archived