Why are club forums called topics?

Apfelstrudel

Hi,

sorry but I don't understand why forums in clubs are called topics. If I add a forum to a club it can contain topics but the area itself is a forum and not a topic.

597b0e9a8ce95_Bildschirmfoto2017-07-28um12_13_38.png.5c4254f2bf01b54c1f8e744f9191be86.png

So the word "Topics" in the "Manage Club" pull down should show "Forum".

This is very confusing.

19 minutes ago, JoshB84 said:

I wish Clubs had a normal forum structure.

Speak to one of the creators of the enhanced clubs feature, maybe one of the two will add it?

I don't think anyone wants someone else's club dominating over the actual community forums of their main site.

Please forgive me for hijacking this topic, but how can users (club leaders) delete their own Club tabs (the so called "Topics") after adding them? Didn't want to make a topic just for this, I hope you don't mind me asking.

Thanks for the tip and I did post in the enhanced clubs feature support area.

I would not really want stuff outside the clubs being discussed in the regular forum area. I don't see the clubs dominating over the regular forums. Then again the regular forums only have one off topic forum because the clubs are the main focus. Everything else has to do with our chat server and the clubs will not dominate over that either.

If people were talking about and learning German in the German Language Learning club. I see no reason to be mad about them talking in that club. They are still on site and using the clubs for what they are suppose to be used for. I would actually be happy if the clubs had people posting in them a lot. 

31 minutes ago, NLHA said:

Please forgive me for hijacking this topic, but how can users (club leaders) delete their own Club tabs (the so called "Topics") after adding them? Didn't want to make a topic just for this, I hope you don't mind me asking.

They can't; only admins on ACP. They will be able to this and a lot more by adding this plugin

They will be able to delete or disable tabs, reorder tabs, create a home page for the Club, etc.

1 hour ago, NLHA said:

Club Leaders cannot delete nodes.  

Only the admins can delete nodes from the ACP.  You will need Club Enhancements by @Adriano Faria for this option, or to wait for IPS to build it in.  

Archived