Crowdfunding

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Adriano,

I am trying to set Applications and Crowdfunding to allow guests to be able to post for positions or contribute to crowdfund.  When in IPS I set the Guest group to anonymous posting YES, I get this error that calls Crowdfunding.  Are you aware of this and can help?  Thank you

Could contain: Text, Document, Page, Word, File, Webpage

On 6/20/2022 at 11:55 AM, BradTBP said:

to allow guests to be able to ... contribute to crowdfund

Adriano,

Thanks for the update to Crowdfunding.  It seems I now have all the controls set in order to allow guests to donate.  I have guest permissions set to donate. I have the crowdfund category set, but I cannot see an option when the guest views the crowdfund that they can donate without registering.  I will continue to review, but if you have some advice, I would appreciate it.  Thank you!

1 minute ago, BradTBP said:

Adriano,

Thanks for the update to Crowdfunding.  It seems I now have all the controls set in order to allow guests to donate.  I have guest permissions set to donate. I have the crowdfund category set, but I cannot see an option when the guest views the crowdfund that they can donate without registering.  I will continue to review, but if you have some advice, I would appreciate it.  Thank you!

Commerce doesn’t allow guests to purchase. They have to create an account.

I was mistaken.  The permissions made it seem possible.  One last question. Can a member donate anonymously?  I see where posting can be anonymous, do you know if donating can be anonymous?  It would be good for the people that only want to donate a little and don't want their username attached.  Thank you.

Here it is, to view.  I can't seem to set up how to make anonymous donations.

Could contain: Text, Text Message

Edited by BradTBP

If it isn’t there, then it probably doesn’t exists. I don’t use every single resource I develop, so I would need to install, test, etc. It was a request and was developed as requested. It is a category thing so if you enable in a category, all the projects will be like that. Probably it is like that as you’re not seeing an option in the form.

I can review this someday. Not now. Still there some resources to work compatibilities.  I’m updating now only if it a bug that crashes your board. That doesn’t seem to be the case.

14 minutes ago, BradTBP said:

As a donor, I don't see how to select to donate "anonymous"  How does the member select it?  I logged in as a member and could not see it.

Btw, that would be funny. If the admin keeps the setting disabled to project owner to see donors, why would the project owner choose to be anonymous? It doesn’t make much sense to me.

That was it. That was requested to be an admin decision, not the project owner that’s why there’s a setting to allow the owner to see the anonymous donations.

I’m happy with it the way it is now. I really don’t think I will change that.

It's not that the project owner would choose to be anonymous, the donator would.  That is not available that I can see.

Donation sites like GoFundMe allow donors to donate anonymously, as do others.  Some people wish to donate to a cause without the whole internet knowing (online harassment, indications of income, etc.).  I think allowing a member to donate anonymously should be part of the app, it just makes too much sense.  

I hope you'll consider it, it sure would help me raise greater funds for worthy causes.

• 5 weeks later...
Just now, Adriano Faria said:

Confirmed and fixed. Will upload the fix but it will probably take a few days to get approved.

Let me know if you have FTP access to your server; I'll send the fix via message.

i do have, il send you, btw TAX not working too. just let u know. il pm u

quick catch another bug, deleted club and after i click on my profile it shoots this error.

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /home/petly.ge/public_html/applications/crowdfunding/extensions/core/StreamItems/Projects.php(31): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load()
#1 /home/petly.ge/public_html/system/Content/Search/Results.php(722): IPS\crowdfunding\extensions\core\StreamItems\_Projects->extraItems()
#2 /home/petly.ge/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(267): IPS\Content\Search\_Results->addExtraItems()
#3 /home/petly.ge/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->manage()
#4 /home/petly.ge/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(81): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /home/petly.ge/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->execute()
#6 /home/petly.ge/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

backtrace

#0 /home/petly.ge/public_html/init.php(1029): IPS\_Log::log()
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler()
#2 {main}

LOADED HOOKS

Could contain: File, Text, Webpage

Edited by Bakako
screenshot
  • 2 months later...