Crowdfunding

About This File

This resource will allow members to create crowndfunding projects in your board.

Notice:

Features:

• Ability to allow NO TARGET projects per category
  • Unlimited categories of projects with permissions,  extra fields, plus unlimited depth of parent-child relationships with a lot of settings, permissions and extra fields
  • Category Image and Icons.
  • Integrates to Commerce, so you can choose a specific payment gateway, tax, fee and comission and use multi-currencies
  • More...

• 1 month later...

I have questions.

• If Member sets up a crowdfunding project and gets paid donation money, Can site owner get 10% same as how downloads works with commerce?
  • If Member sets up a crowdfunding donation goal and goal isn't reached, do contributors sill get charged? Does member still get paid?
  • If member sets up a crowdfunding donation goal and goal IS reached but member doesn't then create promised product, do contributors get refunds?
  • Can this be setup to only work in clubs AND have setting so ONLY club owner can START crowdfunding project?

Thank you :)

1: You can set on ACP to teceive a comission from every donation. It's in the screenshots. 

2 & 3: This app works with Commerce and Commerce is pretty bad in that direction. The credit goes, as always, to the Account Credit and the project owner must request withdraw to actually receive the money from donations. So the admin must require withdraw approval, so if the project doesn't get all the money, he can proceed with refunds. That's the only way Commerce works, unfortunately. 

4: Clubs do not work that way because it doesn't has permissions. Once you create a feature, FOR ANY APP, anyone will be able to create an item (topic, file, image, blog entry, advert, project, video, etc.).

On 14/9/2017 at 9:29 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Not sure I follow? Screenshot?

I mean, the progress bar should be given a more visible placement (If the project has a very long description it cant even be seen

at first sight)

EasyCapture1.thumb.jpg.b266bb5c8bd4c6bcd6cce6217b9401ac.jpg

Also, there should be a way to take a project out of the "expired" status, making it active once again

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/09/2017 at 9:27 PM, SammyS said:

Little request: the "current donation goals" progress bar should be included in the "project information". At present its after the project description

On 16/09/2017 at 11:32 PM, SammyS said:

I mean, the progress bar should be given a more visible placement (If the project has a very long description it cant even be seen

at first sight)

EasyCapture1.thumb.jpg.b266bb5c8bd4c6bcd6cce6217b9401ac.jpg

There's no "good" place to put it above, so I added it in last position of PROJECT INFORMATION. Actually, it's a new setting:

0ss9hwr.png

FcJGF2Q.png

Default to where it is today: Below Project description.

Also had to break it into 2 lines because if the amount is big, it will break; and it's not really necessary to be a big amount. Example: Raised 1300 of 5000 target will break it.

Because as you can see, it has thousand and decimal separators + currency.

What's New in Version 1.0.1:

New Features:

• New setting to admin choose the Current Donation Goals progress bar position in project view
  • Added ability to reactivate an expired project (new moderation permission)
  • Project image will be displayed when promoting a project
  • Added Clubs in the + Create menu

Enhancements:

• Rework in club post screen
  • A few templates tweaks to make a category (without permission to submit projects) to act like a container to subcategories

Fixes:

• UPLOAD extra field type
  • Added missing language bits

• 2 months later...

I think this application just became much more valuable for some of us with Patreon's payment changes. Any plans for below?

• Tiers within a project? Similar to Patreon goals? This would also need...
  • Blog/update stream/content posts within the Project itself, similar to a Patreon page where content can be added behind a paywall/unlocked. Pay for a certain tier to access content

If there are plans, timeframe?

9 hours ago, khawkins said:

Tiers within a project? Similar to Patreon goals? This would also need...

I never used Patreon so not sure I'm replying what you asked. This app has a donation goal. By default it requires a goal (per category):

GNIrcSC.png

When submitting a project:

JsThVqM.png

9 hours ago, khawkins said:

Blog/update stream/content posts within the Project itself, similar to a Patreon page where content can be added behind a paywall/unlocked. Pay for a certain tier to access content

I never used Patreon so not sure what you're talking about.