Jump to content

Good step forward with 4.2


Recommended Posts

We're really pleased with 4.2 - It's a nice step forward particularly in terms of features and the revised AdminCP etc. Too early to tell about speed / improved SEO etc, obviously, but hopefully we'll see what others are reporting.

One minor thing, though - The theme on this forum is subtly different to our new base theme. Is it available for all, or is it reserved for the IPS forum? There are some really nice features on here that we'd love to integrate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, NorfolkBroadsNetwork said:

Is it available for all, or is it reserved for the IPS forum? There are some really nice features on here that we'd love to integrate.

This theme is designed for the ips team, just for their use. Which feature do you like? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

These are the bits I like particularly -

  • The grid view filter etc is cool and I think our users would love it.
  • Not having the Unread Content button at the top right has been a sore point for some,
  • Mainly the new look of the two-layer menu is the thing I really like. Ours looks dated in comparison to this so it'd be nice to have.

ipstheme.thumb.jpg.2b51beafe0621671a745d8311e7bda15.jpg

Edited by NorfolkBroadsNetwork
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, NorfolkBroadsNetwork said:

These are the bits I like particularly -

  • The grid view filter etc is cool and I think our users would love it.
  • Not having the Unread Content button at the top right has been a sore point for some,
  • Mainly the new look of the two-layer menu is the thing I really like. Ours looks dated in comparison to this so it'd be nice to have.

 

1.- Grid and fluid view are included in 4.2 for everybody

2.- I also hate "unread content button" so my site doesnt have it,you can remove it if you want

3.- Yes, thats a exclusive design of ips

Edited by SammyS
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, SammyS said:

1.- Grid and fluid view are included in 4.2 for everybody

2.- I also hate "unread content button" so my site doesnt have it,you can remove it if you want

1) Okay - How do we use that? I kind of want it on the forum home page really.

2) No, they want it. I guess I could add it, but just annoying that it's not there by default.

3) Shame really. Looks WAY better.

I assume everyone else on a stock build has 'Default' as the F/E theme and '4.2' for admin cp?

Edited by NorfolkBroadsNetwork
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, NorfolkBroadsNetwork said:

1) Okay - How do we use that? I kind of want it on the forum home page really.

1.- In my personal case it shown up after upgrading my forum and my theme to 4.2. I didnt have to do anything

Anyway, you can go to admiCP --> community --> forum settings so you can chooce which view your members can choose

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sure is... It's to the point I feel almost complete... I just needed to increase speed. I got that covered with lazy loading videos and disabling everything else :) 

Just need to get that plugin bug fixed and voila I'm done until something shiny catches my attention....dare I say 4.3.... hehe you all know in a year we'll be talking about it :D

12 minutes ago, JankaR said:

I like the newest Pages, it's cool CMS, big progress since old IP.Content :thumbsup: very stylish and modern.

What I like about the overall look is this.... It makes all pages work as standard and look good. Before 4.2 I had to try really hard to make the pages look good. Now they default to amazing. So what more is to say :)

I can be IPS's harshest critic :D or nicest up talker... they sway me towards being nice with all these jazzy functional things...

Edited by Netherlord
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

6 minutes ago, Netherlord said:

What I like about the overall look is this.... It makes all pages work as standard and look good. Before 4.2 I had to try really hard to make the pages look good. Now they default to amazing. So what more is to say :)

Yeah, my database of articles about gemstones looks good :thumbsup:

 

gemstones-new.thumb.png.6939ff312ce0b6fb57b60cfb973abd3f.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...