Chat Clubs URL?

Wildcard Chris

• 1 year later...

You can change instances of "Clubs" to whatever you want (I changed it to "Spaces") via the Customization -> Languages -> Translate function.  Go to Languages in the AdminCP Customization tab, then click the world globe beside the language you want to change.

Note that you will have to do this for each language separately.

15 minutes ago, liquidfractal said:

You can change instances of "Clubs" to whatever you want (I changed it to "Spaces") via the Customization -> Languages -> Translate function.  Go to Languages in the AdminCP Customization tab, then click the world globe beside the language you want to change.

Note that you will have to do this for each language separately.

I've changed every reference to clubs in the language translate. None effected the url. Unless I missed sonething

Just now, JustHatched said:

I've changed every reference to clubs in the language translate. None effected the url. Unless I missed sonething

Ahh, ok.  For the URLs you might need to check out the AdminCP friendly URLs function (if you have friendly URLs enabled).  Sorry - can't help much here as I use Kevin Carwile's Advanced URL Paths application, which lets you set your own URLs for pretty much anything.

19 hours ago, liquidfractal said:

Ahh, ok.  For the URLs you might need to check out the AdminCP friendly URLs function (if you have friendly URLs enabled).  Sorry - can't help much here as I use Kevin Carwile's Advanced URL Paths application, which lets you set your own URLs for pretty much anything.

I opted to go the route you mentioned. And it does work but I have a question for you since you are using it and changed your clubs to spaces. I set the url to be /crews/ instead of /clubs/ but when clicking into a specific club (crew on my site) the url goes to /clubs/nameofacrew, so I would need to changed each clubs url with a new alias. SO my question is did you find a way around that with @Kevin Carwile app so that no matter which club is clicked into it shows the new path?

On 2/9/2019 at 12:59 PM, JustHatched said:

I opted to go the route you mentioned. And it does work but I have a question for you since you are using it and changed your clubs to spaces. I set the url to be /crews/ instead of /clubs/ but when clicking into a specific club (crew on my site) the url goes to /clubs/nameofacrew, so I would need to changed each clubs url with a new alias. SO my question is did you find a way around that with @Kevin Carwile app so that no matter which club is clicked into it shows the new path?

The short answer is no - as far as I know, you need to change each URL.

Someone with more knowledge about this correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the basic Invision structure means that you'd have to do each one individually.  For example, I also use KC's Collabs app, and I've used Advanced URL paths to customise URLs for everything down to the core apps, e.g., mywebsite.com/domains/research-domains/romanticism/novalis/files/schriften to get down to the listing of a Downloads file category.  But if you click a file, you'll then go back to the mywebsite.com/files/file/123-etc etc Invision structure, which, yes, is pretty unsightly if you ask me.  So technically, yeah, you would have to do each one yourself down to the individual file level - and depending on the size of your site and what you want to customise, this can exhaust the free version of the Advanced URL Paths app pretty quickly. 🙂

If there's a way around this I'd love to hear about it.

20 hours ago, opentype said:

When you change the URLs in the Advanced Configuration, make sure to change ALL club URLs. 
There is the main on, but also /clubs/id-??. That’s the one used for the individual clubs. 

Thanks. That did the trick. I didn't go deep enough in the Friendly URL and wouldn't have if you hadn't posted this

Archived