4.2 Upgrade Error

BN_IT_Support

I've just tried to upgrade to 4.2.  The upgrade completed correctly and I got the screen to go to Admin CP or Front End.

However if I go to either the admin cp or the front end I get a message saying that the Install is still in progress.  If I go back to the upgrade is ays that there are 'no application available to upgrade'.

So I'm stuck and offline.  I have an urgent ticket in but any ideas please?

1 hour ago, Edward Shephard said:

I've just tried to upgrade to 4.2.  The upgrade completed correctly and I got the screen to go to Admin CP or Front End.

However if I go to either the admin cp or the front end I get a message saying that the Install is still in progress.  If I go back to the upgrade is ays that there are 'no application available to upgrade'.

So I'm stuck and offline.  I have an urgent ticket in but any ideas please?

You can try CTRL F5 or cleaning the datastore folder from your ftp. 

Hi, we're also getting an error upgrading...

1 - upgrade went to a "Setup in progress" page, stuck there.

2 - Tried upgrade from url (url_to_your_forum/admin/upgrade), brings up login but then goes to blank page after completing details.

==

Started a fresh upgrade via the upgrade specific URL but now we're stuck on step 7:

Table 'ibf_core_member_history' already exists 
/home/user/public_html/forum/applications/core/setup/upg_101100/upgrade.php::362

Both "Retry" and "Continue" just loop back to that message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 minutes ago, KiteLife said:

Hi, we're also getting an error upgrading...

1 - upgrade went to a "Setup in progress" page, stuck there.

2 - Tried upgrade from url (url_to_your_forum/admin/upgrade), brings up login but then goes to blank page after completing details.

==

Started a fresh upgrade via the upgrade specific URL but now we're stuck on step 7:

Table 'ibf_core_member_history' already exists 
/home/user/public_html/forum/applications/core/setup/upg_101100/upgrade.php::362

Both "Retry" and "Continue" just loop back to that message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

had the same issue when did my upgrade so did item not advised just drop the table for this sql and then clicked retry and it fixed it via running the script again but it added the missing table but i don't advise doing it "if you do backup first can't be strong on that" because it not item again i would advise.

19 minutes ago, KiteLife said:

Sorry, I don't follow... I can access SQL, etc but don't understand the statement above.

Can you explain a little more? Thanks so much! :)

go to mysql and click delete on 'ibf_core_member_history it will remove it from the table then click retry add should fix your issue.

Archived