Jump to content

How to update to 4.2 ?


Oleg Loginov
 Share

Recommended Posts

I asked this same question via a support ticket - why am I not seeing the upgrade in the Applications?

Quote

Hello,

This has currently not been released to the automatic upgrader. If you wish to use the auto upgrader, you would need to await its release on there. If however you wish to upgrade before this, you can do so. You would need to upload a fresh set of files from your client area, then visit /admin/upgrade in order to upgrade to 4.2

Kind Regards,Marc Stridgen

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bluto said:

I asked this same question via a support ticket - why am I not seeing the upgrade in the Applications?

 

did see post from IPS Staff that may take time before all see the update but that on the day it was made finial have you clicked check updates within Admin CP as this will run a script to update your site showing the new update then just click update and you will then have 4.2.x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Theme Tent UK said:

did see post from IPS Staff that may take time before all see the update but that on the day it was made finial have you clicked check updates within Admin CP as this will run a script to update your site showing the new update then just click update and you will then have 4.2.x

Yes I did.  According to Marc the auto-updater hasn't been released.  It would've been nice if IPS posted a blog post / news post about the release.  I found out because I was subscribed to the 4.2 thread.  I guess they're waiting for the auto-upgrader to be released before making a public ann.

Quote

Hello.  I was wondering why v4.2 wasn't showing up as an upgrade in my Applications since it has been released?  I've clicked on the Check for Updates and nothing is showing up.

Thanks!

 

Edited by Bluto
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Bluto said:

Yes I did.  According to Marc the auto-updater hasn't been released.

 

how odd but have you looked using ftp way yeah it not as good but might solve your issue, unless someone else has better idea that helps you upgrade the Admin CP way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Theme Tent UK said:

how odd but have you looked using ftp way yeah it not as good but might solve your issue, unless someone else has better idea that helps you upgrade the Admin CP way.

I'm not having an issue.  I was just curious why the auto-updater wasn't available and opened a support ticket asking why.  I won't update my only current running site until 4.2.x there is always post-launch bugs to be squashed and some of my add-ons haven't updated to 4.2 yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Bluto said:

I'm not having an issue.  I was just curious why the auto-updater wasn't available and opened a support ticket asking why.  I won't update my only current running site until 4.2.x there is always post-launch bugs to be squashed and some of my add-ons haven't updated to 4.2 yet.

Ok glad not issue and hoping that support ticket you open will have your answer to allow you upgrade to 4.2.x when you ready :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please refer to this comment:

Since IPS 4.2 is such a large release with so many changes, they're rolling it out in stages.  It's okay if you don't see it right away.  With that said, any release is always available as a full package in the Client Area for you to download and all of the betas have been available for download for several weeks in the Client Area.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Joel R said:

Please refer to this comment:

Since IPS 4.2 is such a large release with so many changes, they're rolling it out in stages.  It's okay if you don't see it right away.  With that said, any release is always available as a full package in the Client Area for you to download and all of the betas have been available for download for several weeks in the Client Area.    

ah that the post i remember seeing :) good @Joel R to rescure not sure why but thought was @Lindy posted it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...