Clubs have no integration with commerce?

SJ77

I am really disappointed to learn that there is no integration with clubs to commerce. A subscription to a VIP club seems like a GREAT way to generate some revenue and users who start their own clubs can make money too. What an awesome opportunity this would be and a great traffic driver. Users would push traffic from the internet to their club on my site!! WOW.  This was going to be my whole plan from the moment clubs was announced. I guess I just assumed it would be integrated since IPS has been really good about keeping revenue a priority. Money talks!
Please let me know that you're working on this ..  yikes

@Charles @Matt @Lindy

49 minutes ago, Rikki said:

You could create a member group that has permission to start clubs, to make that a perk, but right now there's no functionality that would allow 'pay to join' in clubs.

:(  Will it happen? Will it at least be considered? It's such a powerful opportunity.

By the way, thank you for the quick answer.

2 minutes ago, superj707 said:

:(  Will it happen? Will it at least be considered? It's such a powerful opportunity.

By the way, thank you for the quick answer.

Yep, it'll be considered - as per Charles' post, it's definitely and interesting and powerful idea. It didn't make it into 4.2 but may well be a future addition. This is just our first go around on club functionality :) 

2 hours ago, FGN said:

@Rikki 

we can't wait to see what you all will do with clubs! i know the next update will be awesome...but i hope some of the enhancements we pay for in plugins now makes it into the default settings in next release?

I would pay a large sum of money for this specific functionality. I know I would triple my expense because this feature would be so profitable.

Hopefully a developer gets in on this idea in the near future. :D

3 minutes ago, superj707 said:

I would pay a large sum of money for this specific functionality. I know I would triple my expense because this feature would be so profitable.

Hopefully a developer gets in on this idea in the near future. :D

i agree with you 100% & am on the same page as you

But i don't think we should have to pay for a basic feature such as "being able to delete a club tab"

This should be a default feature, but currently we are paying to have this enabled

Don't get me wrong..i'm not knockin the Author of that plugin...get Money!

But still i just hope the simple features will be added in the future so that Awesome author can focus on more important enhancements! 

I agree as well on having this as a standard function/ability.

I am also grateful for the major upgrade and currently installing it right now.  Very excited to get to work on this.  Seems that it's livened up the dev community a bit too!  Maybe it's just me :) 

Anyway, great work IPS and good suggestion @superj707

Archived